How do I contact Eset Australia? Please help...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by the_epoch, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_epoch

the_epoch Registered Member

Pklease help me get in touch with Eset Australia sales team. As you can see below, I've tried emailing them and calling them, all to no avail. This doesn't bode well in my opinion at all; especially for an AV company.

I'm trying to send Eset my payment advice for our software renewal, but when I email them I receive a bounce back from "DrWeb-DAEMON <DrWEB-DAEMON@imsuneng.com>":
    Dear User,
    the message with following attributes has not been delivered, because contains an object which cannot be checked by antivirus filter.
    Relaying such messages is blocked by administrator.

Sender = my@email.net.au
    Recipients = sales@eset.com.au
    Subject = Emailing sales address
    Message-ID = <012401ccae5c$7fmnh6d0$7f035470$@email.net.au>

Antivirus filter report:
    --- Dr.Web report ---
    Dr.Web detailed report:
    The filter fails to pass object to the DrWEB daemon

--- Dr.Web report ---
    Please contact <postmaster>
    ---
    Antivirus service provided by Dr.Web (R) Daemon
    (http://www.drweb.com)
    NOTE: The sender address has been changed for security purposes.

I had an attachment in my original email (a .pdf of the payment advice). So I copied the text and created a plain text email with no attachment, the payment advice text was inserted in line with the email. So it's just a plain text email, nothing else. But I got the exact same bounce back message (except with a new message ID obviously).o_O

I tried calling the phone number provided ([noparse]ph:(07)3325 2999[/noparse]) but it's been engaged for over 100 minutes.:mad: Now that the office is closed, I get a voice prompt telling me to call back when they're open.

Now, I'm already very frustrated after more than an 11/2 hours trying to contact Eset, so I check the eset.com.au website and found the support@eset.com.au address as the only other contact option. I figure I'll email them and ask them to pass the email on to the sales team, but I get the same message bounce back (duh, they use the same email gateway <stupid of me>).

So, Eset.com.au use a competing product (Dr Web) to scan their incoming email. Further more, it configured such that my plain text email (that doesn't have any attachments) and is clean, is blocked. This is of some concern for a company that sells AV products. I'd be embarrassed if it was me... :oops:

So please Eset (or someone else) let me know how can I contact you?
    But be warned, when the renewal is due, I'll advise the client to go with a different AV provider... And my other clients too!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It looks like a problem at your provider. Try emailing them via Gmail for instance.

3. the_epoch

No, not my end. Don't know where you get that idea. It's pretty clearly the recipient domain.
    Anyway, here's the DNR to prove it:
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    support@eset.com.au
    Technical details of permanent failure:
    mail.email.net.au tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0) (state 18 ).

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ the_epoch

Jeez, what a helpful reply :thumbd:

I'd expect something like this.

Hi, i'm very sorry to hear about your problems. Can i suggest that you resend them an email without the payment advice text, & just describe your issues for now, & see if that gets through. Please PM me you email addy & i will personally see to it that someone from ESET contacts them alerting your problems etc to them ASAP. If you don't get any satisfaction soon, please PM me back, & anyway to let me know how it progresses etc.

:D Doesn't show much confidence does it :D

I hope you get it All sorted, Very soon :thumb:

Regards

5. Marcos

I've tried emailing the Australian support via a free mail account and they received it fine. Not sure why the Australian ISP is refusing your message. Could you try emailing them via Gmail or another provider?

6. the_epoch

What email address did you send it to?
    I tried emailing them from my gmail account and got the same error.

7. Marcos

I emailed them at support@eset.com.au and they confirmed the receipt (had a live chat with them).

8. the_epoch

Interesting... guess they've fixed the problem. I emailed both of them and haven't received an NDR this time, so I guess it's working now.
    Haven't received a response from support though, how quick did the email you back Marcos?

Edit: Got my reply.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.