How do I allow Replay Media Catcher to work with ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by alia, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alia

alia Registered Member

Whenever I try to use Replay Media Catcher, the internet no longer works and I have to close both the program and close Firefox for everything to work again.

I disabled both antivirus protector and firewall to see if it would help but my internet slowed down considerably and I had to close both programs again and start over.

I used to have Live OneCare and had a specific port forwarded but I can't remember what it was and I've since uninstalled Live OneCare.

I tried changing my firewall to policy based mode and added Replay under the Zone setup but then my internet connection stopped completely. How do I know which port to use? Do I have to manually add Firefox when using policy based mode?

Edit:

It looks to be a recent problem with Applian, actually: http://replay-media-catcher.com/aac/forum/showthread.php?t=1206

So after this is resolved with Applian, all I have to do is add Replay as an exclusion and figure out which port to forward and it should work?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello alia,

Yes. Please check back once they have resolved their issue.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.