how do I Allow proceses in Spyware Terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cutdeep46, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutdeep46

cutdeep46 Registered Member

How do I allow a few different reg programs to run so that spyware terminator does not nullify the action case being I am using Regcure & the terminator shows it is defeating the process.

How do I get terminator to allow certain programs? I cannot seem to find a place in the program to enter a program name to ignor it. ty Dale

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

When you try to run a program, the ST window should open giving you an option to "allow" or "block".
    If this doesn't happen, you need to look into the settings.
    Go to "realtime protection", "settings" click on the "advanced" tab, and make sure the checkbox "automatically block threats without user confirmation" is not ticked.
    Then navigate to the "threats/blocked" lists under each of the guards, locate the programs you want to be able to run, and remove them from the "blocked" list, there is a "remove" button at the bottom left of the GUI for this.
    Any probs, confusion, post back, I'll throw in a couple of screenshots.

3. cutdeep46

cutdeep46 Registered Member

Hi Thank you very much it still won't show the "regcure" program in either the allowed or the blocked colum but it does show more green in the window (allowed process) there are some that are not allowed? maybe I should read the directions huh? sorry .. it is working better though & is not causing the cp to freeze up in the cleaning process. thanks I will play with it somemore thank yu very much Dale

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

There are a number of "block/allow" lists, for various aspects. (Application guard has three, System guard has three, Internet guard has four.) Plus overall (global) command as I described above, if you have the HIPS active.
    Look through all of them, though I think the area to look in is probably "application guard-threats" or "application guard-startup registry".
    When it blocks a program you want to run, how does it display this to you?
    And which programs (in detail) does it block?

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Run a full scan so Spyware Terminator catalogs all the installed software. When the results screen comes up go to the list of "unknown" programs and move all the ones you recognize into the Safe list (click on the "move to" icon). Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.