How did you get your on-line name?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by FireDancer, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hi all,

This a true story.....
    I was just sitting here laughing with a freind about my on line name FireDancer and how it came about. Well let me tell you it wasn't easy or painless!!!! Where I live in Western Kentucky I own a vast amount of property...

1000 acres to be exact and when we clear the land of trees and what not we clear it with D9 Cat BullDozers.

We knock down the trees and push them to a area that they can be done away with by soaking them for a days with diesel fuel and burning them for sometimes weeks.

Well some time ago I belive it was the spring of 1996 myself and 4 others cleared 20 acres off with the dozers and moved all the debris to a far corner of the property. Now so you know, once the debris has been set in a certain position we soak it and set a fire line.

A fire line is a diesel soaked cord run from the debris to a safe area about 75 feet from the pile so we can light it saftley, and on this particular day I was setting the fire lines at one side of pile (which was about 25 feet high) shaped like a tee pee so to speak. After a few days of soaking we went out to start the burn process, I was on one side and a few others were on the other side. I hollard out to move the vehicles back and to get ready while I was checking that the lines did not dry out.

Welp I am still here to tell you they didnt dry out!!! When Mike my partner moved the pick up truck it let off a spark some how and ignited the cords at that side of the pile while I was still basicly inside it!!!! OUCH!!!! When I came running out..well of course I was on fire.

My partner got me put out and called 911 on the cell phone. While in the hospital my wife, family and friends came to see me and as I got better the jokes started and mike made the comment to my wife that when I came out of the pile, for a moment he thought "this is all a dream" and that I looked like one singular flame had jumped out and started dancing around on it's own. I am all better now thanks to some great doctors and alot of love from my wife and kids :)

I am still clearing land on a yearly basis as well. This year I bought a new D9 Cat Bulldozer and when it arrived on both sides of it was there was a name on it
    just under the operators nest "FIREDANCER". I still think my wife and Mike snuck down thier and had the Cat dealer put that thier as a reminder but no one is owning up to it :) You know what they say....If the shoe fits..... So? how did you get your on line name?
    Hope you enjoyed!!!

Regards,
    ~FireDancer~ ;)

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D i think this a perty good topic belive it or not most these names come out for a reason or at least gives you a window to some ones personality

Will my name was first created at LFN la femme nikita bord at wb message bord.

i was a newbie to the whole message bord thing and at first used my real first and last name.

when i posted and asked qustions i wasnt geting much replys.

then i notice every one used wyrd names so i thought you know i need a name that screams respect yet sounds cool.

so the first part Mr. to me always comanded some form of customery respect

but then what after that.

The word Blaze just poped in my head cause im the type of guy to go out in a blaze in a fight for what ever i belive in also in my youngher years i use to smoke pot and always blazed up.

so Mr.Blaze fit the bill

after that i got more feed back on topics lol

also at wb i learnd my first newbie baby word the word LOL

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I live in the orchard [lots of peaches grown here] & wine area of British Columbia ... Before I was married I was named Peach Queen at a Peach festival. Now when I do stuff for others I am often told that I am a real peach - these people had no idea of my past history as peach queen. So it seemed appropriate to use the name Peaches4U. :D

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

On-line name? What do you mean exactly? o_O

Sincerely,
    Low W. Mark, Jr.

:D

5. Mr.Blaze

:Dyour kiding right that really your name lol it does seem belivable.

but then algain me and you share same since of huemor lol

6. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

"Checkout" couldn't be less interesting. When I started getting involved in security matters, there was so much software to check out... You can stop yawning now. :cool:

7. mr.mark

mr.mark Guest

i put mr. in front of my first name

8. Mr.Blaze

:Di keep thinking mark is the guy from tv show called screensavers i think for some reason he the guy you call for help

9. meneer

meneer Registered Member

mr. is meneer in Dutch :D

-edit: I found a tux tied to fit the description

10. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi FireDancer,

I'm very happy that you survived that disaster !!!!!

Best wishes, Jan.

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

FanJ = "fan Jan" :D.

12. Mr.Blaze

13. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I bailed hay for about 10 minutes one day
    on a farm in Florida!!
    hence the name and hayc!!!
    '59' lucky number!! :D :D

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

My wife and I fell in love with the Mount Desert Island region of Maine where most of Acadia National Park is located, in fact, one week from now we’ll be packing for another 9 day stay up there. We hope to retire to that region some day.

http://www.acadiamagic.com/welcome.html

http://www.acadiamagic.com/Photos01.html

Acadia

15. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well I'm another boring one - I bought my first online war game (Delta Force 2) and had to name myself so I just typed in Detox as in purifying the souls of my impure cyber-opponents ;)

Of course now I'm known my all the people I hang out with and play online games with by this name, and I find it best to use the same one everywhere I go. I've had it long enough it seems to be my name just as well as my real name.

16. Mr.Blaze

:D lol and all this time i thought you had a drinking problem and the reson why you choosed detox is cause your perty clean now except for ocastional drink

17. maes

maes Registered Member

I was registering at another forum (sorry, I do visit other forums besides this one :doubt: )
    And I was drinking a beer. I had alot of beer but very little imagination, so I shoose the beerbrand as my online name.

That was about 3 years ago, and it hasen't changed since.

So Maes is a Belgian beer :)

18. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

How I came up with my forum name is boring compared to most.

I couldn't think of a cool name so I use "the Tester" because it describes me.
    I like to test things,software programs in particular.
    This behavior can be addictive! ;)

I normally use "the Tester" or a variation of it in most forums that I frequent so people know it's me.

19. Mr.Blaze

:DBlaze show up with crow bar whats this other forum blaze pat crow bar in hand where is it at im have a little chat with that forum lol

gimme addy lol

ill rolll up in there like the sopranos

20. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

When I register to the Forum, I was listening the
    music from the motion picture soundtrack "Antarctica"
    by the Author Vangelis. ;)

21. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Men Without Hats also did a song titled Antarctica; I really liked it.

Acadia.

22. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I'm always trying to pretend that I know something when I post in forums and, thus, Pretender seemed appropriate. Wow! How exciting :oops:

23. Weber

Weber Registered Member

Weber is my last name... boring :doubt:

24. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Well, mine actually came from my last name... It is german and people are always mispronouncing it... It usually comes out as "puff" (Pfaff pronounced with the first f silent like paff)... So some of my best friends started calling me puff (new friends I had made right sfter moving to Florida) and that eventually became puff the magic dragon and later puff-m-d (hence my avatar)....

Regards,
    Kent

25. BWMerlin

BWMerlin Registered Member

Mine came about in the days of diablo 1. I was the mage and was very into magic and so i thought id call myself Merlin after the great magic user in King Aurther. I was then invited to join a caln called the blood wolves, they asked that i put BW~ in front of my name so ppl would no which clan i belonged to. So the name has stuck as BW~Merlin or if ~ is not supported its BWMerlin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.