How did you find wilders security forum?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Jimbob1989, Nov 24, 2004.

?

1. Search Engine

53 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Refered by Wilders Member

22 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Refered by Non-Wilders member (in another forum)

16 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Read about it in a magazine

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Read an online article

11 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Other

47 vote(s)
    31.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

It was 2003 November if I remember correctly , when I was having problems in machine. I didnt know what to do but God gave me some intelligence to search for the exe and my type of problem. I searched in Google and came wilderssecurity. well.. I would say thats turning point of my life in many ways. I came to this forum, not only got it solved but on process started learning the reasons I was infected. And then there was ten forward and then all friends here and this became my home and life for me changed a lot since then. And I still think... Thank God I found Wilders Security.

3. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Some expert Outpost users on the outpostfirewall forum :-*

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Some time ago I had problems with anti-spyware products flagging legitimate stuff, like ZeroSpyware and Maxion Spykiller. Looked it up on Google and found the Spyware Warrior forum where I learned that those two were rogue anti-spyware. :mad: In the mean time ZeroSpyware is no longer a rogue one and I had great info at that forum. Still visit this forum as time permits.:)

I got a lot of info from Eric L. Howes, for which I can't thank him enough as well as the other members. As a promise to him I now have his link to his webpage in all my sigs to inform others.:cool:

Also found a link to this forum and first checked it out before registering.
    Got hooked on the enormous information to be found :D and especially the warm welcome by the members. It also helps to gather info to help others at the forums I'm moderating/administrating.

I'm HERE to stay. ;)

5. Jimbob1989

I was looking through google for some forums containing discussions I would be interested in, came accross this place and decided to stay.

Jimbob

6. seeyea

seeyea Guest

One day when I was feeling really 'wild', and somewhat 'security' minded, I put the two together and BOOM, I was here..... no longer there.... where? here from there..... when? then.... understand? ;) :D

Actually there was another older discussion very similar to this one around here somewhere.

7. seeyea

seeyea Guest

8. controler

controler Guest

Hi

For me it has been so long that I am pretty sure I was born here :D

9. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I found it through a yahoo search for diallers. Got initially to the privacy security forum and went backwards from there.

I have to say i am very glad i found it as this is a nice forum run by some nice people.

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I only have one word to describe this place: Excellence

11. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

We had a vaguely related thread to this one quite recently, but what the heck ...

I'm surprised that the poll choices didn't include tech support. I got both SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard about a year ago at the recommendation of friends elsewhere, and of course this is where their "official" support is, along with support for Javacool's other goodies, so that's what first brought me here.

I've found lots of other technical things of interest here, plus of course good friends, but that's how I got started.

12. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I had had enough of Norton AV, was searching for a new AV and wound up at Wilders from a post in another forum.

13. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Thanks to DiamondCS when I purchased TDS3 :)

14. WildSex

WildSex Guest

I miss spelled wildsex in a search engine. And here I am. Damn it!

15. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I was looking for antivirus programs and saw a link to the forum, The rest is history. :D

16. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I had spyware! on my system....

googled help! clicked, popped up Here!

The end.

snowbound :ninja:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  17. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

voted other*[true story]
    *gave a dollar to a vagrant guy in portland,oregon
    he then says to me.....check out this website...........handed me a peice
    of paper with, www.wilderswomen.com
    I guess i did not add the whole url...bamm here i am!!
    been a pleasure ever since...................oh never did check out that site
    thanks for reminding me!!!
    :eek: :eek:

18. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Using DNS, of course.

:D :D :D

19. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I knew about wilders.org and their recommended security apps. When I purchased a certain antivirus product, I found out there was a support forum here.
    I came over, looked at the people and the topics and registered on the spot
    Of course, I was instantly turned into a llama with absolutely no karma cookies!
    Since I have been called worse things than a llama, I gutted it out and here I am! :D

20. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I wish I could remember the name of the magazine. It was not like PC World it was more along the lines of SmartComputing. Much more instructional instead of latest products articles. I was taking "crash courses" by reading everything I could get my hands on to make things as easy as possible when maintaining and use my new PC which was light years ahead of my 1994 prior purchased PC. So anyway along about 2002 maybe :doubt: . I saw wilders.org mentioned as a good place to go. Stopped by took a look and book marked it. Flew by and :ninja: unregistered with no posts for a long time. Then one day I registered and more time went by and I just wanted to talk to all you good people so I started posting.... and so that's my story. :D

I am pretty sure I first learned of or got confirmation about how good a product BoClean was from this forum. Thanks Paul and to all my friends.

21. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) Another forum indicated that Paul had made some strong opinions about some free virus programs, came over to have a look. Had some very interesting back an forth post. Was accused of being a troll on another forum. Argued with a few members of this forum. Have been enjoying myself here ever since, and have found a damn nice bunch of people to boot.

Thanks
    wildman
    :cool: :D ;) :p

22. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Was searching one day for a good, reliable Anti-Trojan. During my search I just happened to run across the TDS (DCS) forum. After reading a number of posts, I not only fell in love with site, but also a number of other software products recommended by Wilder's members. I found that if one is interested in learing about PC Security, this is the place to be! :D

23. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

The Grc.com security forums use to have a 10-Forward but Steve Gibson had to get rid of the 10-For because of all the usual problems, trolls, politics, etc. The sincere folks, who were mostly interested in pc security but wanting a temporay escape talked about a place called Wilders also having a 10-Forward, some of us came here. It's a HUGE credit to Paul and the Mods that after all these years they can still run a 10-For without having to kill it like Steve unfortunately had to. I really appreciate the strictness that they use to run this tight ship (although more than once I was one of those having to be told to "Cool it" :D )

Acadia

24. HI, I came here looking for filechecker, aobut 2002 I think and I am still here.

25. Jimbob1989

Talking about llama's, anyone heard the llama song?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

WARNING: Repeats!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.