How can Universal Restore Work in BartPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zico86, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zico86

zico86 Registered Member

Could anyone help on using universal restore in BartPe?

I'm using ATI Enterprise server 9.1 with Universal Restore and I can create the BartPe with Mustang's BartPE Plugins for True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 Builds 3625 and Up. However, I cannot see any option for Universal Restore when the ATI run in BartPe.

The reason I use the BartPE as the ATI rescue CD cannot load the ATI server with Universal restore sucessfully in my new Asus P5K deluxe motherboard as well as it also cannot recognise the HD in my new 3Ware 9650SE raid card...:'( o_O

Anyone can help , thanks !

2. mustang

mustang Developer

I'm afraid there is no help here. If you see the words Universal Restore in the Title of the main TI GUI in BartPE, there is nothing else you can do. The problem is a bug in True Image. The Windows version of the program is used in my BartPE plugins. The Universal Restore screen doesn't show up on some hradware. All you can do is contact Acronis Support and report that the UR screen does not show up when running a restore from normal Windows.

3. zico86

zico86 Registered Member

Thanks Mustang

True Image....:'( :'(

4. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

is your system on a basic or a dynamic disk?

If your system is on a dynamic disk UR often doesn't jump in on a normal restore. In this case you have to restore to a a basic disk, backup this basic disk again (without ever starting the system) and then restore this new backup.... now UR jumps in.

Greetings

Volker

5. zico86

zico86 Registered Member

Thanks Volker,

My system(XP installed) is on a basic disk not dynamic disk. I've tried to move the backup TIB file to another machine but still the same. However, I tried to backup another win2003 server machine and restore , the UR can show. It's strange!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.