How can I test DefenseWall/GeSWall?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ambient_88, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Could you tell us what errors you're getting? What other security applications are you running?

Although I've only been using DW for 1+ week, it's working beautifully here.

2. Ohmy

Ohmy Guest

First with Geswall in Vista with no other security application...
    When I turn on UAC on, and try to run a application isolated with Geswall, it freezes. So I had to make a memory dump file manually in order to make Brian analyze it. And he admitted that it was a problem of Geswall, and he is now working on the fix. Thanks to Brian. :)

Second with Defensewall in Vista with no other security application..
    When there are a lot of pop-up where I have to click a lot of OK/Terminate, I get an error and DW turns off by itself. Ilya admitted that it was a problem with the ActiveSkin, and hopefully working on the fix :) Thanks to Ilya too.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

To Install Geswall it says you must disable UAC before installation,which I am sure you know that.I enabled UAC there after Minus any freeze ups with my choosen apps isolated.However I still keep UAC OFF,Because I feel its not needed with geswall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.