how can i tell if my tor browser is working right?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Jay215, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay215

Jay215 Registered Member

i assumed that if it says "congratulations,your browser is configured to use tor,etc"that its working correctly right

i was thinking about using another vpn because i dont really like how slow tor browser is.but all the free ones i looked at seem to log your user activity.which seems kinda pointless to me if your using it for anonymous web browsing

or in terms of anonymous web browsing with tor browser is there more then just opening it up and clicking "use a new indentity"when i want another ip cuz thats all ive ever did and its seemed to work fine just lately ive been kinda suspicious that its not working right

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. firefox2008

firefox2008 Registered Member

Tor browser isn 't a VPN. Use Mullvad or AirVPN. These two VPN's have very high respect amongst the privacy community. If you browse a site with TOR your IP address will be leaked if the site requires Flash or Java b/c you didn't configure Flash or Java to go through the TOR network. With a VPN, everything goes through the same way.

3. Jay215

Jay215 Registered Member

hmm well,the sites i usually go on dont require flash or java(to my knowledge,i usually just browse forums with it)but i know people can upload stuff that requires flash to view(like youtube videos ive noticed)

ill check out those 2 vpns though.the one i looked at before was called hotspotshield but i never used it because when i was looking at free vpns thats when i heard about the logging user activity thing so i just stayed with tor browser.but im assuming that my ip is still leaked with tor by what your saying on the sites ive been on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.