How can I stop outbound traffic ??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bebo_roni, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebo_roni

bebo_roni Registered Member

Hello every one, Please I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection & having good inbound firewall, but can not stop outbound. what program can help me to stop the outbound programs to connect to the internet ?? Thank you for your help. :D

2. PcBorg

PcBorg Registered Member

unless you change your current set up... I would suggest the fullproof technology recently developed called PTC* Pro...

PTC is a registered Trademark and a patented technology of the pull the cable company... Any and all unlicensed cable pulling will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

3. bebo_roni

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not expert with this kind of software :( . do you mind to explain me more ? if its possible to give me name for software to buy. Thank you for help.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I think PcBorg was yanking your chain.
    Have you considered a HIPS.
    A list of some with links HERE.

5. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Semantic Endpoint Protection is an enterprise product. You should ask your IT help desk or system administrator. If you don't have one to ask, perhaps you should be using something else. Of course, the professionals will tell you not to mess with your system.

The Sygate derived firewall in SEP is not designed to block all traffic by default. Its designed to let everything out unless it matches certain IDS signatures. The whole point is to provide protection that is manageable in an enterprise environment where 98% of the users will stop working and call IT when they get a pop up. Its possible to restrict known applications by right clicking on them while running in what I seem to remember is a network activity window.

6. bebo_roni

Thank you gentlemen for your help. really appreciate :thumb: :D

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

ahh your mean :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.