how can i stop my isp d/c me

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

does anyone know how i can stop my isp disconnecting me see i tryed ringin up suport to get this stoped and i got the run around and i like to know if there is anyway i can jam there remoat disconnection so that they cant disconnected me coz this can be extreamley troublsem especaly when im runin updates or security patches that i cant use a download accelarator for oh my the way my isp is bt

2. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

3. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

That depends. If you mean that disconnection when the connection is idle, then yes. There's all sorts of software for that. A windows setting too.
    If you mean they boot you off after a certain number of hours, then there is nothing you can do about it.

4. Bethrezen

hi

thanks for ya answers ill take a look at that app when i get the chance see if that fixes my troubles

cheers

5. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

You're welcome ;)

Happy Computing !

6. root

root Registered Member

If you're getting disconnected for idle time, just set your email to check every ten minutes.
    No need for programs.

7. I think you are on dial up ....

This one is still free..do not know if it will work for you...but Peili has a screenshot and enough info for you to decide...
    Keep It Alive is an easy-to-use program for keeping a dial-up Internet connection alive. It is a fact that many ISPs disconnect their clients dial-up connections if they are not active for a certain period of time. Keep It Alive keeps your dial-up connection alive by trying to get a web page in every a few minutes.

http://www.pclightning.com/

8. Bethrezen

hi all

thanks for ya answers

root nice idea about the email asuming i had outlook i uninstalled it coz 1 it didnt work 2 its crap and insecure 3 i dont use it insted i use hot mail not excatley secure eather but nessary to use msn messenger and men explorer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.