How can I scare someone into getting a AV?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by notageek, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

LOL I'm going to take your advice and let it go. It was funning seeing all them animations.

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D YUP my littile round yellow but got nailed hard core 1 time and thats all it took lol

next day i was e-mailing pauls and posting at wilders lol

i bought norton checkout hooked me on zap

and jan hoock me on dimond products and javahcool hooked me on antispy

and so on and so on

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Experience is always the best teacher.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

A lot of people just don't realize how many types of malware there are and don't protect against it. And then there are the types of people that do know what is out there and through ego or just the old I will show them that I don't have to run all of that security stuff. The first type of person will usually be glad to secure their computer when shown what is out there and what it can do to there computer. The second type of person will usually rebel and become alof and claim that there computer is secure and they don't need all of that security software. Untill they learn the hard way with a destroyed or seriously screwed up machine. And even then some won't admit that they were under protected . Sometimes some of those people still don't learn even after a major infestation incident. But as good computer users and security minded forum members It is our responsibility to give assistance with a smile and hope that we are making a contribution to the computing world.

5. notageek

I was harsh to my borther in law and sister in law. I told them if they don't get an AV to not to send me anything via email. I thold them if they want send me something they need to print it off and bring it to me or send reg. mail. :) They said it would take forever to do that and I said so I would rather for it take forever than to be infected becuase they don't have a AV or any other protection. I really haven't talk to them since. They called on the phone but they have stopped emails. :) I hated to be so harsh about it but they need to know the real deal. Thanks for all the good advice and all the laughs.

6. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Do you have an AV or whatever to scan email from them before you open? If so, maybe you could do this backwards. You get a nasty and then let them know that they gave it to you and kept the nasty for themselves too.

7. notageek

Yes I have an AV. I thought of that too. I decided to go this way to try to get the point across about how much I don't want to mess with cleaning this up. Plus they use my main email and my AV don't scan my main email. I talked to them today and they said they would into getting a AV. I also told them if they just send me a plain email and not files I wouldn't care. I thought they would of been mad but nope they was so happy that I cared enough to go this far on making a point. :) Thanks again for all the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.