How can I save youtube videos in firefox or Chrome?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheMozart, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've tried a few and currently prefer the firefox extension "Download Youtube Videos Plus 3.3.51". It automatically detects videos on Youtube pages, uses the Firefox download manager and download location/folder can be configured separately (in other words I can send videos to the video folder instead of the downloads folder). It also includes a screenshot function.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Not to get too far OT but I cannot download any videos from cmt.com. I can't even get them with Internet Download Manager. Anyone know of a way to download videos from cmt.com?

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

For some reason it doesn't appear next to SHARE or anywhere else.

4. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I don't even heard of the site, but did you try something like RealDownloader or Tubemaster ++? If these don't work then StreamTrasport

5. acr1965

I've not tried those specific ones but have tried downloadthemall and video downloadhelper and unplug as firefox add ons...also internet download manager. Nothing worked.

Here is the video I'm wanting to download-
    http://www.cmt.com/videos/leann-rimes/38346/big-deal.jhtml

a friend is a big leann rimes fan

6. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Are you using Adblock Plus? If so, an entry on your filter list of choice is probably blocking it.

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I was blocked from viewing that video :cautious: No matter - just fired up my free VPN and switched it to a US server and there it was. Take that CMT ;) You too National Geographic :p

Anyways, that stream is "protected" (encrypted) which is why your not getting it. Not as good quality as CMT but it's available on youtube and IDM does grab it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCBjMtm1q4

8. acr1965

thanks but I aleady tried that one, the cmt one is much higher quality. So the encrypted format means the video cannot be downloaded?

9. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Youtube Terms:
    You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
    :rolleyes:

10. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

From what I understand, Google frequently rejigs its pages making it more difficult to do certain things.

11. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

"Sorry, we're unable to offer this video to users in your region" :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:
    Anyway, if this is encrypted site then you need StreamTransport And if the official version doesn't work go to the forum and try the latest build. I hope it'll work

12. acr1965

I tried stream transport but that did not work. After checking their forum for more recent builds, it appears there has been nothing much recently. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

13. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

In case you're after an alternative, YouChoob, the program I initially recommended, has been updated and is now compatible with recent YouTube backend changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.