How Can I save a Data backup plan?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HelpFromFrance, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

I just bought ATI and am thinking about dumping my old data backup software and here is what I do:

1. Each week I make a full backup image of my hard drive with ATI. (everything)

2. Each day I use another backup program to just back up my data files, that way if I have to use the image to restore, then I can restore the data over it and have all up to date.

What I would like to do is get rid of my old backup software and use ATI for the data too, but, do not want to have to chose the data files I want to back up each time. With my present software I can make sets and call them up to automatically chose the same files.

Is there a way to do that with ATI? I know I can chose files, but then I have to manually goi through and pick each directory, they are not all in "my documents", that would be too easy :rolleyes:

So is there an easy way to do this with ATI? Hope this is clear.

Thanks,
    HelpFromFrance

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

3. HelpFromFrance

Chutsman,

Thanks for the response, but maybe I am a little thick :eek: but I don't see that this is what I am wanting. I want to be able to Open True Image, chose "backup files" then have all my files "prepicked" from the last time, so I don't have to go through the directories each time. I need to do this each day and picking them each day would get old in a hurry, as I have several places files are located.

In "Backup My PC" I can save a "backup set" called data (or any name I chose), pick all the files one time save that set and when I open "Backup My PC" I just have to open that set and all the files are prepicked. That is what I want to do with True Image so I can eliminate "Backup My PC"

Thanks again, it was really super nice of you to help.

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I think if you just go through the “Schedule a New Task” and select “Do Not Start Automatically” in the "Start Parameters” screen, you should get what you want.

5. HelpFromFrance

TheWeaz,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found that and so far it almost does what I want, but the name of the bakcup file and location will always be the same, so the previous one will be overwritten. I know I am being difficult, but I do a full backup of data each day. If there was a way to include the date in the name as a "wild card" or something so it would change each day, I would have it.

Unless I do 7 schedules each with a different name and then start over each week. That way the oldest file gets repalced once a week and I have a whole week of backups. What do you think?

Thanks & have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

6. TheWeaz

I assume you are looking to archive the data, not just prepare for disaster recovery.
    You could schedule a Full task on Monday (Weekly, Every 2 Weeks) and then an INC on Tue-Sun (again, weekly, every 2 weeks). That would be one set.
    The following week, create a second set just like the first with a different image name.

7. TheWeaz

Or, you could just use 2 tasks.
    Each one doing a Full backup each day, every other week.

8. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.