how can i remove the cached scan results

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zfactor, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

say once i do a full scan and then try another one it takes seconds. if i for some reason want to remove the cached results to force another true full scan how do i do that? so i starts over and rescans the whole drive again?

also how can i totally reset ess v5 to basically a fresh install? removing all logs, detections and anything else etc.. just being curious here. if i simply delete all the logs will this do this or which files do i have to delete?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Disable Smart optimization. However, I, for one, don't see any sense in re-scanning same files using the same settings and signature database.

Perhaps the easiest way to accomplish that would be by uninstalling and installing ESET from scratch.

3. zfactor

i have one system where the files are constantly changing in our home network and while i love the speed of a rescan sometimes i like to do a full "fresh" scan..

so what does deleting the logs and resetting the scanning status really do for me? just curious. how fast does that stuff accumulate? is a fresh install worth it if i really wanted to do this or should i not worry about it?

thanks as usual!

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If a file has changed it will be re-scanned even with Smart optimization enabled.

Well, if you are the only user then manually deleting logs should suffice. If you want to reset program settings to defaults as well, you can do so in the main setup by clicking the Default button and selecting revert of all settings. If there are several users, it might take longer to log in to each account and delete logs than installing the program from scratch.

5. zfactor

ah okay im the only one using eset on this system i set it up and take care of all that so not really any benefit to reinstalling if everything else is fine then i would guess. thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.