How can I recover my 7 GB lost ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DonKid, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Today, when my scheduled backup was almost finishing, I received a message, saying that my Secure Zone needed more space.So I restart my computer to increase the space.When my computer started again, True Image said my Secure Zone was corrupted.I formatted my HD again, restored my full backup from another HD, and I have lost 7 GB. I tried to use the command fdisk/mbr, tried using Partition Magic, but without sucess. How can I recover my 7 Gb to create another security Zone ?

Best Regards,

DonKid.

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

I really can not tell exactly what you have done with PartitionMagic and "fdisk/mbr". Did you mean "fixmbr"? Or did you mean that you did something with FDisk? Really does not matter. I am assuming you still have your critical image intact so go after the drive with the missing 7GB using PartitionMagic. Delete all the partitions insuring that you have the total unallocated space that you should and then recreate the partition(s), do a restore (if you imaged correctly your MBR will be intact) and then recreate your SZ in the left over unallocated space. *puppy*

3. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Mike, thanks a lot for your help.

I relocated the partition, but I lost my backup inside Secure Zone.No problem, since I have another backup in another HD. I recreated the SZ again and so far so good.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.