How can I make this setup more secure?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by pogologo, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogologo

pogologo Registered Member

Hi all,

I hope someone can help.

I am struggling to make this set up more secure. It is on a XP SP3 machine behind a hardware router. The user knowledge is limited.

In realtime I had/have

Comodo with D+ activated.
    Avast
    Threatfire
    Sandbox

On Demand

MBAM
    SAS

I have had to disable Comodo due to its alerts and the user clicking what they thought was the right option, but isnt and getting to the point where it blocked internet access.

I know D+ has HIPS, but am now struggling to find something that will secure the system that doesnt take too much thought (or preferably runs silent!).

They don't particularly visit the dark side, but with anyone, they could click a link which is nasty etc...

Any suggestions on what to add/change?

Thanks for your help again!

2. tetsuo55

tetsuo55 Registered Member

Comodo is about to release CIS.

It will have a lot less pop-ups and a built in virusscanner.

The problem with any hips is that it has to learn the default behaviour for all the applications, i have started a thread over at comodo to start building these default rules for different applications. Eventually that should lead to a reduction of the pop-ups by 99% but untill then it will be a problem

the best thing is to set Comodo to "clean pc" mode as that has the least pop-up while still remaining safe.

You can set comodo to training mode and open and use all the applications installed on the system to get the same effect. Almost no pop-ups should show up unless a new program is installed or something attacks the system

When CIS becomes a little more mature you wont need avast, threatfire, MBAM and SAS anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.