How can I make my own bootable cd?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tallted, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallted

tallted Guest

Hello

I am interested in making my own bootable cd for surfing the net while on other pc's, other than my own, while I travel. I don't want Linux based because I have Windows programs that I want to run off the cd, so I can't use Knoppix.

I have looked into Bart pe, and I don't want all the other stuff that's available with it, I only want to be able to have my cd bootable, with my own programs only, I don't need it for diagnosis of pc's, only for web surfing, so I want it as small as possible. Actually I would rather run it off a 210MB mini cd because it's more portable than a regular cd, so it can't be over 200 or so MB total.

Does anyone know about Bart pe and how I can create my own custom bootable cd, without any programs on it that I don't want, just what I do? Thanks any for help.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, tallted

Delete what you do not what before you burn the CD, the same way as you can add before you burn.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u may also want to see these two links: link 1 link 2 theyre not for bartpe but just an alternative.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, WSFuser

Very interesting links there, I will have a play with nLite myself, thank you very much.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.