How can I get google search to display in English?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rilla927, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi gang,

I just installed the newest version of FF and my google search was in english.

Moments later I opened FF and I get this strange language and all the searches are in this language.

I just want English, it should have never changed in the first place I didn't authorize this. I would like to uninstall the other languages.

It's fine to offer other languages but when you change my home page, search to it that's another.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

If you have`t added any extensions that may have caused it then go to Tools\Options\Advanced\General\Languages. Let us know if this fixes it.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

4. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi guys,

I figured out what the problem is after I had some sleep to think straight.

I use a VPN and their servers are in the Netherlands that's why it was displaying the other language. I also found some language preferences that I changed to English for Google search.

I'm going to test with the VPN and see if it changes again, if it does FF is gone. This is the first time in 4 years I put this browser back on my system.

Thank you both for offering good information.

EDIT:

Through some digging it's not FF fault. Google corresponds to your IP, so therefore I won't be using google search anymore. So far I haven't found a way to get around this. If anyone else does please let me know.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.