How can I disable IPV6 from ever touching my network?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Claire, May 30, 2016.

1. Claire

Claire Registered Member

I talked to a friend who works for my ISP and they are apparently getting ready to enable IPV6 by the end of the year. What can I do to preemptively block my personal network from ever using IPV6? I currently have a modem my ISP provided which is in bridge mode and my private router is connected to it.

I currently have it set to "disabled", I previously had it set to block traffic but it was leaking my routers factory MAC address so I switched it back to disabled.

http://i.imgur.com/wHnZhio.png

I currently randomly generate my routers WAN MAC address every few weeks to force change my IP address. Can I continue to do that with IPV6?

The settings in my router are incredibly confusing http://buffalo.jp/support_s/guide2/manual/wxr-1900dhp/99/en/mobile_main.html#internet-ipv6_1

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

It's likely that your ISP will enable IPv6 without disabling IPv4 stuff. So yes, you can probably just disable IPv6 in your router, and everything else will work as it did before.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

To disable IPv6 from within Windows, run CMD as admin and enter:

netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled
    netsh int teredo set state disabled
    netsh interface ipv6 6to4 set state state=disabled undoonstop=disabled
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters" /v "DisabledComponents" /t REG_DWORD /d "255" /f

4. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

I went a bit extra and also added block rules in WFwAS via WFC...
    ipv6.jpg
    The Local and Remote empty fields is the equivalent of the value "Any". For example, any address, any port.

5. boredog

boredog Registered Member

ScreenHunter_17 May. 31 12.35.jpg Would this work?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.