How Can I Block the Ads on This OoVoo Program??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I installed the oovoo webcam program but the advertisements are Always appearing that's not safe. Is there anything I Could use to block the ads that shows up on oovoo that I could use to block the ads like programs like this?

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

We tried adfender since i saw Oovoo was in its history it seems to block them from me but not Sooflymami. She has the same oovoo thing in her adfender history as I do but she is still getting ads in the program. I have just white boxes.

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Block internet access?

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

What a joy oovoo is, my teenage son was using it meeting girls a 1000 miles away inviting him over there house,Ya right we will jump on the next flight.:rolleyes: Personally IMO it maybe a security risk program and since removed it.:D The adds are a pita and who knows what lies waiting in them.My only advice is look for an alternative.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  5. sooflymami

It did say oovoo on adfender but I don't understand why it says that if the ad shows up on oovoo buddylist..whys this?

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

7. sooflymami

Even though in the middle of having a oovoo webcam chat with a friend, my windows firewall thing appeared and I clicked "allow" button instead of cancel..why did this appear? When I first installed oovoo, I already allowed it and now it asked me again. I'm worried if this is related to the ads. I also noticed after signing out of my Facebook account, instead of taking me to the Facebook globe page, it takes me to the Samsung mobile on the Facebook page. I checked on my other computer but on the other computer, it takes me right back to the main Facebook page and does not take me to the ad. This problem started happening after I clicked "allow" button on the oovoo thing when it said oovoo llc allow or don't allow..someone please help. I shouldn't have clicked "allow" button and I really regret doing that. I'm very worried. Would resetting my Windows Firewall let me rechoose this choice? I am worried if I got an adware or something from allowing it.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.