How can I add latest updates to NAV 2005 cd?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by D.B.Wallis, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.B.Wallis

D.B.Wallis Guest

Hi,

I would like to be able to boot to, and run my NAV 2005 cd to look for viruses. Running NAV from the cd this way is good, but it doesn't have the latest file definitions when done this way.

So I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get the latest NAV defs and perhaps burn a cd-rw copy of the NAV 2005 cd, and somehow add the newer defs to the new copy of the NAV cd? Is this called slip streaming?

Well if that doesn't work, I think the latest defs can be added to the scan by floppy disk, while your running the cd, but what if you don't have a floppy drive?

TIA for any assistance.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You could always download the latest virus definitions here: http://www.symantec.com/downloads/Norton Anti-virus stores it's Virus Def's in a file called grc.dat.

If you are putting the whole program with new defs on a cd, Make sure the grc.dat file is updated.

I've never done what you are attempting, but it should work "in theory". ;)

3. D.B.Wallis

D.B.Wallis Guest

Thanx for your help Capp but are you sure it's grc.dat, I don't see that file in my NAV 2005 folder on my computer. :( If this doesn't work I suppose I could get some usb floppy drive type thing but I'd rather not have to.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

for Norton Antivirus ... GRC.dat is the definition file. It may not be in the immediate install directory. On our systems, it stores it here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.