how are you supposed to upload pictures from a camera?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, my Mum keeps on giving me digital cameras she gets free from different places. this last one doesn't look as awful as the others. but, whenever i try to use them they will never upload anything to the computer. the software is called photoimpression 4.

are you supposed to put the camera in a special mode to upload pictures? or do you have to use up all the memory so there aren't any pictures left or something like that for the pictures to upload? actually, i just remembered, the problem is the software can't see the camera when it's plugged in to the USB, i've tried another USB cable (from one of the other cameras ;) :D) but it still can't see it.

My Mum said the person who "sold" it to her uses it and likes it. i bet her PC is swimming with viruses, trojans, is part of a bot army, is an email spammer, hosts afew chatrooms etc etc so how can she get it to work o_O i wouldn't really care but i want to take a picture to put on a site :eek:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

All you have to do if you are useing XP is to connect the camera to the computer by way of a USB cable and then turn the camera on and it will pop up a box asking where you want to upload the pictures to. Thats all there is to it. And you don't need any special software to upload pics. to an XP comp.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  3. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Well my Canon Powershot A610 has a setting for uploading pics, I have to slide the switch from pic taking mode to there to upload pics.

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

My Nikon loads to the computer(XP) the way bigc mentioned. Once the camera is pluged into the usb cable and then turned on...poof done.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

so when you plug a USB into windows it makes that funny sound doesn't it? if it doesn't make the sound does that mean the cable is broken?

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

mine won't make any sound until the camera is connected to the USB to the comp. and when I turn the camera on the little sound is played as it recognizes the camera.

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

8. hadi

hadi Guest

Yes iceni60. the camera should appear as (a camera icon). and when double clicked a window will open showing the pictures, there you can copy/delete etc.
    didn't XP detect a new hard ware when you plug the camera (plug its USB and operate the camera (set it to ON).

9. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Hey Ice,
    I simply open the folder that has the camera pics....select all.....and 'move to' a folder on my comp. Don't have to clear anything....moving empties the camera.
    Don't bother with any software. XP handles it better.
    Cheers,
    Brad.

PS. It will often show as the removable device. Actually you can also store ordinary files on your camera to move from place to place.....sort of like a big usb stick.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

11. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

12. hadi

hadi Guest

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

if you look at all the links i gave all the cameras look the same but they are a different make to the one in this post. i have the same one as from the three ebay links it's called the TDC-15. i just downloaded the driver anyway. i'll scan it then try and install it. i've got to uninstall the driver i already have first too.

14. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

so far it looks like total spyware, it's installed a load of Winsock Layered Service Providers :eek: now it wants to reboot so it can break my connection and then host half the internet lol. i'll see if it works after the reboot. what happens if it does work? i can't keep all these LSP changes.

15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it didn't work. i'm never installing any free hardware again. i'm going borrow a neighbour's camera instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.