how annoying is comodo suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

I'm using 2 computers on a regular basis. My "personal" computer uses Comodo/Defense+/Avira Personal. The "business" personal uses just Comodo.
    I started with the business, and the popups were definitely annoying to begin with, but that computer connects to a variety of different computers using VPN/direct connect/remote desktop (but almost never download new software). After a week or so, it settled down and now I get a popup once in a while, usually from something external trying to connect internally, which IMO it SHOULD be popping up a message for. So I can live with it there.
    My "personal" computer, I do download and tryout new software, also do some torrenting. I expected a lot of popups on that one, but I found surprisingly few. I left it in training mode for a few days and added an exemption for uTorrent. I only see the popups when I install something new. Again, that is to be expected, but I wish the popups were fewer, and yes, it will go into install mode there.

In short, I can live with it. Not a bad balance between warnings and annoying. Whether or not the next person can live with the number of popups is up to them.

BTW, although Comodo AV is not as good as Avira or some others, I don't think it is as bad as some make it out. The problem with it now is more one of false positives than failure to detect. If you download a lot of questionable software, then it may be a pain. I don't download a lot of "questionable" software and I rarely saw warnings (when I did use it on the "personal" PC).

2. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

CIS has fewer popups now but I would not use the AV. OP free might give out a few popups also maybe not acceptable. Avast free is really a pretty complete AV & you might try PC Tools firewall version 5 since everyone likes that one more than 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.