how about this??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by montyq, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montyq

montyq Registered Member

I know this type of questions have been asked In the forum, many times. can I ask mine?? Is this setup a good one? winxp,spyware terminator,AVG anti-spyware 7.5,avira anti virus,& sygate personal firewall. Is this a good setup??

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Good as any. :)

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Good setup for what? For who?
    Do you understand the prompts from these programs if thrown one?
    Can you use these programs safely and with full confidence?
    What is your browser?

As to the quality of the setup - the setup is 99% about the user, 1% about the actual software. It is the means not the end. You should show willingess to learn, improve and carefully analyze things so you can understand them and master them. Everything else is secondary and really a matter of comfort rather than actual security.

All in all, I like most of your tools. You should be fine. But again, it depends what you wanna do. If you decide to install something that might cause problems nothing is going to stop YOU.

As to the passive avenues of attack, like port scans, scripts and drive-by-downloads, good firewall and browser will help a lot.

Mrk

4. montyq

montyq Registered Member

Sorry>> really omitted 2(two) key factors whigh r dsl isp & firefox browser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.