How about the Toolwiz software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by happysunny, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technical

Technical Registered Member

But did the developers change their mind? Will them respect the privacy?

2. QQ2595

QQ2595 Registered Member

I wrote to james@toolwiz.com and got a reply in 20 mins.

The developer James said the old EULA is from the BTOWS team.The BTOWS guys are Korean and they are not good at english. So they just copied a english EULA from one of old products. The Toolwiz already acquired Btows and now they have changed the old EULA to the new one. The products from Toolwiz will be free forever and there will be no any privacy issue from their product. James said They are also thinking of making some of the products to be open source one. Timefreeze will be the first in the future.

If it is not clear, u can send email to James too.

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Can I use Toolwiz Time Freeze instead of Sandboxie?

Will Toolwiz Time Freeze keep my system safe?

And has anyone thoroughly checked out Toolwiz Time Freeze so it doesn't send personal info back to the creators server?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

I use it to evaluate some legitimate programs and it works great but is not safe using it to test some kind of malware becaus Time Freeze is bypassed.
    So if you need virtualize your pc for evaluate other programs (restart not needing) is a great peace od software, but if you play oftem with the dark side of the net, Sandbox is the best option for you

PS: Toolwiz TF create a folder where he store the virtualized data and is 4 GB of space, so if you make an imagine backup of your C drive remember this, is the case of uninstall TF before making your image and reinstall after this operation is ended, are 4GB of imagine not needed

The right thread where talking about this software is here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=313299
    with more information and suggest
    In Facebook Toolwiz said they soon update TF

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  5. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

If that's the case, then why bother using it at all, because the objective is to test ALL software in a safe environment which CANNOT touch any other part of your system!?

And have you written to James from the Toolwiz company and provided him with the evidence that the Toolwiz 4GB spave is bypassed and programs are able to write outside of the 4GB file?

6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

There are prove of that, almost all virtualizer have problems with Rootkit, TDL, Ramsomware, GPCode ... as reported correctly in the thread here on wilders till december (as you can see on page 3-4 of the correct thread I have linked)
    I think is impossible to solve, only changin' completly program structure so .. simply is not safe using this kind of software trying malware or unknown exe because they are bypassed.
    Their core is simply try legitimate software to evaluate it before installing on pc.
    You are asking a WW Beagle been faster than a Ferrari, are 2 different kind of car with different core and users, so the core of TTF is not virtualize 100% your pc against mbr infection & Co, that needs different aproach, different basic idea and rewrite completly TTF, TTF user are not virus players but simply curious users that like trying a lot of programs.

7. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

What did the Toolwiz developers say when you told them about the flaws on Toolwiz and that certain programs are able to write outside of the container? What was their reply?

Did you post the comments here:

http://forums.toolwiz.com/

8. Technical

Sure.

Even less, software that does not require a boot to work.

9. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

So what software allow you take snapshots that we can revert back to, even if a program needs to be rebooted to complete installation?

10. Technical

Snapshotting ones like the freeware Comodo Time Machine (version 3 will become a beta in the next months).

11. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Are you sure about the comodo time machine v.3 coming soon o_O

Im using Easeus Todo Backup Worstation... it has Snapshot function

12. Technical

13. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Thanks for the link, and... the "workstation" can do both.. backup AND snapshots.
    Аlthough any snapshot is a kind of backup, and the backup is a kind of snapshot.

14. Technical

The technologies are completely different. CTM is an advanced system restore, not a backup.

15. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear pirej,

You are right that "workstation" can do both... However, no way the snapshots of "workstation" are same as the snapshots of Comodo Time Machine and Rollback Rx.

I purchased the EaseUS Workstation v2 for the snapshot technology thinking it is same as Rollback Rx and/or Comodo Time Machine. Was I wrong.

It completely messed my system that I had to reformat my hard drive. It changed my hard drive from 63 sectors to 19 sectors when I first time used the snapshot to revert back. And, then on the snapshots didn't work as it required 63 sectors.

Within six months, they came out with v3 and they wanted more money for upgrade. Another six months, they came out with v4 and they wanted more money. But they couldn't guarantee that the snapshots will work with 19 sectors or any other sectors beside 63 sectors.

Best regards,

KOR!

16. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Could be longer.

17. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Ok ok.. TheMozart asked
    That's the reason for my answer.
    Todo Workstation has that kind of function/option, i have used the snapshot-ing ~3-4 times and it worked.
    BUT.. from the Todo user guide:
    I never said that it's the same technology or e.t.c. as Rollback Rx and/or Comodo Time Machine, or any other.. JUST that it gives you an option to make an snapshot and to revert your system back to it if needed after installing/testing some aplications.
    Farstone RestoreIT has snapshot function too, i have a license for it but never tried it.

18. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Very interesting and controversial thread od Toolwiz forum...is it true what James said?
    http://forums.toolwiz.com/topic/claims-that-ttf-can-be-exploited

19. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I doubt they are blocked, that's why I posted there :D

20. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I know Skudo :) I don't remember any person from Toolwiz...they try to lie?
    :blink:

21. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Give them the benefit of the doubt. I see no reason why they would lie. Maybe wilders has indeed blocked their whole domain.

22. SbUniT

SbUniT Registered Member

interesting

toolwiz is actually a singaporean company!

i have to check it out

sgrean here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.