How about a give away of SAS Professional 3.9

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Wordward, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I am waiting for the free version of SuperantiSpyware 4.0 to be released, and I wish the 4.0 Professional version would go on GOTD like Mamutu did. However, I think a give away of SuperAntiSpyware Professional 3.9 would be cool, sort of like Spy Sweeper did with signature updates, but no program updates. It could possibly drum up even more business than the free version does, by making people want to switch to the 4.0 version after awhile. This would be a very nice gesture from SuperAntispyware, and I know it would be greatly appreciated by many here at Wilders. Hey Nick. Is there a possibility of this? And what do you folks in Wilders think about it?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I think $19.95 for lifetime program/definition updates and top notch support is already one heck of a bargain. FWIW 4.0 has finished beta, so 4.0.1154 is "gold" and available in the Pre-Release section of the SAS forums.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

All prior versions will auto-update to version 4.0 when the update servers are on - we give away one of the best products for detecting hard to remove spyware/malware on the market - I think that's surely enough - if you don't want to spend any money to support us, that's not a problem, you are welcome to use the free edition - but remember, real people create and update SUPERAntiSpyware on a daily basis - this is our full time occupation.....surely we deserve to be compensated by users upgrading :)

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I noted the following on the SAS website concerning version 4.0:
    [GLOW="green"]Important : You MUST uninstall any previous version before installing this version.[/GLOW]

and then:
    [GLOW="green"] Once the official release is available, all versions will auto-update via our update servers to the official release version.[/GLOW]

Will the auto-update first uninstall any old versions before installing 4.0 or is that merely stating that it will update the pre-release version of 4.0 to the official version of 4.0?

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

That is in the pre-release 4.0 section and pertains only to users testing the pre-release.

The official version will auto-update ALL versions and you do not need to uninstall anything - the updater updates the portions of the program as needed.

6. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Now that I know and understand this. I certainly will apologize for asking for a free Professional version. I will add that by using FF and one of the increasing "free" Real Time protection programs out there, that the free version of SAS is a great compliment to add to ones security arsenal. I will further add that 19.99 for a lifetime license is definitely a bargain and I wish you and your company a long and prosperous life span. I just hope that the increasing free RT programs that I mentioned doesn't interfere with this. Thanks for your swift and to the point reply, and I look forward to adding SAS 4.0 Free Edition to my own free RT security arsenal.

7. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks for clearing up my confusion SuperAntispy.

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Never a problem to help our users! :)

9. avboy

avboy Registered Member

AFAIK Real Time is available only in paid version. I am using the free version. It works fine. Will change to the RT when ZASS and Webroot expire.

10. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

$19.95 for a lifetime is a great deal....you have to support some of these security programs and SAS seems to be one of the best... would be sad if
    some of the good companies went out of business and we were left with either ineffective security programs or the bloatware put out by many major companies...

11. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Nick already scolded me for this. LOL. I agree SAS Pro is really good and I just wish I could afford to buy it. I still have a couple of licenses to other security software, but they will run out in the next 6 months or so. Maybe by then I can finally buy SAS Pro. Until then stop bringing this thread back to life. LOL.

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,
    Any business needs to make profit in order to stay afloat, that is rule of the thumb. However,

When its revenue/cost ratio reaches beyond a break point, business will have up-hand to entertain few more marketing plans.

One of them is to unearth potential users, those who already are using SAS free, happy with product, and perhaps have sampled the Pro version, but are a bit penny pincher, $ 19.99 could be too deep in pocket for them to reach.

I would guess there are tons of these around. Why not offer them a " Nick away" style giveaway special--just one day only---offing one year free key for Pro version. I bet there will be at least 30% of them will join SAS Pro's lifetime membership after that. This is a GAIN which otherwise will never have happened.

Hi, folks at SAS, wait for Nick's annual vacation to deploy this tactic. :)

13. Victek

Victek Registered Member

$19.95 for a lifetime license IS a great deal. I don't see it on the web site though. Is this a special offer?

14. Giwex

Giwex Registered Member

The offer comes every time you update your free version :)

15. Jeke

Jeke Registered Member

Never have used SAS before but am replacing AdAwareSE with SAS now that v4 is final. Is there not a way to start off with SAS Pro for $19.95 lifetime so uninstalling/reinstalling is not necessary?

I may be misunderstanding the whole install/upgrade/purchase scheme.

Thanks...

16. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

If you install and update the free version you can see the offer in the popup above added malware names. You can register without having to deinstall.

17. Jeke

Jeke Registered Member

OK, thanks. So I'm assuming the Pro freatures are actually included in the free download and are activated by paying for an update code/license?

18. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Indeed.

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

That is correct, it "unlocks" all the Professional features once registered and activated.

20. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Why not trial SAS before you buy?
    Just to make sure it's for you.(compatability issues,personal taste and the like)

21. Jeke

Jeke Registered Member

GES/POR and SUPERAntispy,

Thanks for making that clear.

I'm just an average user and look forward to trying v4 and contributing something to Nick's efforts. I've been very impressed with what I've read across the forums (DSLReports, Wilders and SAS Forums) in the last two months.

Jeke

22. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

It is Indeed a generous free offering of a very good program.thanks a million djohn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.