housecall problem

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by iceni60, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hello,i was hoping someone could tell me what i have done.i just reinstall my os,xp home,and i wanted to get all the security right before doing anything else.ive done to many things to list,and remember.when i go to the housecall online scanner i get a message saying my security settings dont permit activex,even after housecall is in trusted zone(green tick),it worked before reinstall.can you help me?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The main ActiveX control for Housecall's scanner does not necessarily come from the main housecall website. Sometime back they started using akamai servers to provide that object. Trusting housecall's site itself is not enough in this case.

Your options would be to temporarily set IE's Internet zone security to "Prompt" for ActiveX items, rather than having it set to disabled. Or, you can find the akamai server providing the control and trust that in IE.

I have not rechecked this since I looked into a few months ago, so it may or may not be the same akamai servers involved. That analysis is in this thread:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,8803007~mode=flat

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thank you LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.