Hotmail to hotmail?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ancient, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient

Ancient Registered Member

Hi everyone ;) , i'm new to this forum and I need a little bit of help. o_O

I don't know if this is possible; but does anyone know if there is a free program or service that can transfer (forward) all or selected messages from one hotmail account to another (preserving the headers too!)

If possible....not only preserving the headers but the time that they were sent. Although it's not important...it would be nice to keep the emails as original as possible.

Any feedback is MUCH appreciated. :cool:

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I have always believed that the header stays with the document when it has been forwarded, that a new header is added on. I just confirmed this by forwarding my an e-mail to myself. The forwarded message had two headers.

3. Ancient

I don't want a header added on to the original one, because with the new header there is also a new 'Reply to:'.

I want something that can transfer all my messages regarding Proxomitron (I need them) from my old hotmail account to my new one and keep them as original as possible. For example, if I want to reply to one of proxo messages then I want it to go to the person that sent me the message originally and not just my old account.

4. Close_Hauled

Have you tried writing to Microsoft?

5. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

6. Ancient

Thank you for your feedback, but I have recently found a website that will provide the tools to 'redirect' email and explain how to do it too. The instruction are for migrating from Hotmail to Gmail so I got myself a flash new Gmail account now :eek: :p

Could a moderator please close this topic, thank you.

7. Close_Hauled

Thanks for taking te time to follow up with the fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.