Hotmail/Livemail or any other email Alert/Warning!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Warlockz, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I know it sounds pretty convincing, but if you ever receive an email with this kind of message DO NOT REPLY with your private information, Its a Phishing Scam, and they just want your info so they can Hack your email account, and maby use it to send out other Phishing scams, or to hack other accounts or personal info you may have associated with your email account!

Sender: kathybreidigan @hotmail.com

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

So simple, but people will be falling for it. Can imagine the amount of data that will be stolen because of it.

Reminds me of those phishing scams where people are hit with a message on msn, they click on the link and are directed to a msn messenger login page, and the user is asked to enter their hotmail username and password to continue access.

Maybe one day people will have to do a short course on using the internet before having access. Kind of like a driver's license.

3. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

Umm....That doesn't seem convincing to me at all lol.

4. Fly

Fly Registered Member

It's not a bad phishing email, except for the (somewhat) bad English and a few other minor issues.

To me, what gives it away is the sender/reply address, the 'Dear Account User', the bad English and the congestions vs. security reasons.

But what the email is asking for is not that much, especially if one uses the email service for only casual matters.

I guess at least 2 % of those receiving the email will fall for it :blink:
    Probably a huge number.

We just can't expect everyone to notice these details. I guess the internet is just not suitable for anything confidential, except for a few 'experts' who know how to be RELATIVELY safe.

5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I got one similar to that some time ago in Yahoo. It had been there several days. Had one obvious problem. I could log in and read that e-mail several days after my account was supposedly suspended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.