hotmail alternitive

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Anon, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon

Anon Guest

hi all

i was wondreing if anyone could recommed a good replacment for hotmail becaues its given me no end of problems so id decided to scrap all my hotmail adresses and get one with someone eles

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

This is a very good web mail it is secure and works well here

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Go for Gmail. :D

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Gmail is good, so is Gawab and Hotpop, all offer free POP access as well.

5. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

I'd go for Yahoo. 100mb storage, email checked by Norton, Anti Spam controls and it's all free.

6. freakish

freakish Registered Member

Yep, go with Yahoo. I used to be a Hotmail user too but I found Yahoo mail to be much better.

Right now, it has 1gb storage, way more than enough than what you'll probably need (I'm on 2% right now and I don't delete much email) . Some features that I like: Email attachment scanned by Norton, email search feature, email filters, great junk (spam) mail filtering engine, automatic delete of junk (spam) mail every 7 days (or more).

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

It would be well worth checking the privacy policy of any provider first - Eric Howes has a good commentary on Yahoo's privacy policy which may give some idea as to the real cost of their "free" services.

I'd suggest instead using an email forwarding service - you can then change the email it goes to without anyone else needing to change their address books. SpamGourmet is a good one with plenty of useful features (though it is mainly for creating temporary addresses) - SneakEmail and SpamMotel are other options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.