HostsMan custom list please

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by happyyarou666, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

if i just download the entire list and add into my current hosts file per hostman update ,half and more of my pages dont load :cautious: , hope someone can add theyre custom list or from where they get it , thanks in advance

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I don't know which lists you're using, but be aware that some lists may be too aggressive. For instance, I believe that hpHosts (main list) blocks access to Free Download Manager website, and simply because it also hosts other applications, which may be of dubious nature. So, in this particular situation, it blocks the good with the bad.

You'll need to create your own exclusion list, if you want to use your hosts file to block access to domains. HostsMan allows you to create an exclusion list; you'll find that option in one of its menus. Each time you update the hosts file, HostsMan will remove any entry that matches those in the exclusion list.

3. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I use two the MVPS Hosts and the hp hosts (Ad and Tracking Servers Only) then set the default in options
    to overwrite current hosts.. :)

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

5. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

thanks so mvps hosts hp hosts ad and tracking only and malware domain list , thanks yall , if anything else please dont hesitate to add , cheers

p.s: now my browsing experience works again with hostman on , thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.