Horror Story in the news on Cancelling AOL

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by AnthonyG, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I wasnt sure where to post this but i just wanted to give a link to this for everyone to see first hand of what AOL is like when cancelling.

Horror Story in the news on Cancelling AOL

Anybody else have horror stories like this one. As i think everyone has heard mine before about trying to cancel AOL.

Thanks
    Anthony

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2006
  2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Seeing as my quick reply is inoperative .....

Did use AOL for a couple of Mos. quite a while ago and when I tried to cancel I got the big run around. As I was billed thru my home telephone provider I ended up calling them advising that I would only pay their (Tel Co) portion of the bill. After accumulating about 6 Mos. of AOL on the bill it mysteriously dissapeared and I never heard from AOL again.

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

It has been several years since I quit using AOL. Did I have problems unsubscribing? The answer is "YES" and I would never use their service again even when they offered 6 months for free shortly afterwards. I am on high speed cable and that suits me just fine. :)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yawn. Okay so people have AOL horror stories. AOL isn't unique in this, just no one tells the other stories.

Had a church account with netzero. They were worse. Finally hung up on them and just had the credit card company block payment. That was easy.

Then there was verizon. They are cute. Had a friend who had verizon DSL, and hated it. They were very gracious about cancelling the account and did it immediately. BUT, then they just took 35 days to remove their conditioning equipment from the phone line so another companies equipment could be put on the line.

I've seen so many of these types of threads and posts.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.