home page access

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by benjor, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjor

benjor Registered Member

I am most anoyed with the fact this this program, after enabling all protections, will not under any circumstances let me modified my home page, or access my internet options on my own computer! It is mine and I want to set my home page. I tried disabling protections, I tried uninstalling the program, I do not have access to the internet options!!!! The included help files say to disable protection to regain control, but it did not work. If I have to re format my hard drive just to undo this, then this is a crasppy piece of shoddy programming!!!!!!!~!!@!!!!!

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Actually, if disabling all protection didn't give you control over changing your homepage, then SpywareBlaster obviously has absolutely nothing to do with your problem. If you want to talk about it, perhaps you could calm down a little and let us know what is actually going on. If your homepage has been hijacked, we can help.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

benjor,

Do you have any other anti-spyware installed? Spybot S&D, and possibly others, also has "immunize" protection which prevents access to many parts of Internet Options for changes, including by yourself.

4. Diamond T

Diamond T Guest

I think yo will find that you locked these yourself usind Spybot S&D. If you wish to "unlock" them go back to Spybot and on the Immunize page untick the 2 boxes you ticked to lock them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.