Home Networking Troubles

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I had my home network configured and everything was working perfect for about a month. I have 3 laptops. My gaming laptop which has my AC powered USB hub with my external 1.5TB HD and printer. The HD has 5 folders I share across the network and the printer is setup to be shared across the network. The HD has read permissions from the other 2 laptops, but not write or change permissions. The printer has printing capabilities, but no ability to change print preferences from anything other than my gaming laptop. The netbooks run Windows 7 Started. The gaming laptop runs Windows 7 x64 Pro.

The only thing I can think of that has changed ( I verified settings) is that I went from a Netgear WGRv617 to my Linksys WRT54GS v2 with the DDWRT Mega firmware. Any ideas on how I would go about narrowing this down?

Communication between the two netbooks is fine. I cant access either netbook from my laptop with the shared HD or printer and neither netbook can access my laptop. I did notice in the network icon the two netbooks are connected to a [wireless network name] 2, where as my gaming laptop is connected to [wireless network name] 3. Im pretty sure thats where all of my issues are coming from. How do I go about deleting network 2 and 3 and making them all [wireless network name]. In Windows Vista you used to be able to merge and delete them from within the network and sharing center, but in Windows 7 its gone.

FWIW they are all part of the same work group as well under advanced system properties.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

to delete network two and threee wireless you should be able to open up network and sharing centre and click on manage wireless networks on the left hand panel. (windows 7).
    you should be able to delete the uneeded ones from there.

I have done this recently since switching routers with the same SSID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.