Home Network Connection Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Sep 22, 2015.

1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I have several computers that have been networked together over years - xp, vista, win 7, win8. Everything seems to have worked. All of a sudden I am seeing a message I don't understand when I try to transfer a file to another computer - screenshot is attached.

Can anyone help me with this?

Attached Files:

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Check your network location types (home, work or public). I've had issues in the past with windows sharing because the home group by default is more restricted if the system things you are connect to a public network. In my experience, this resolves most file sharing issues you might encounter. Also, be aware that some software solutions, including comodo firewall have options for treating network connections as public as well. Getting printer sharing to work between a windows 7 PC and a system runnin Ubuntu was surprisingly simple, despite the convoluted hoops one has to jump through to make things work. Sigh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.