HKP.100 trojan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by nikheff, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikheff

nikheff Registered Member

Group:

Did a Trojan Hunter full scan and it came up with HKP.100 and SecretService.140 (a/k/a Backdoor.SecretService, among other names). Was able to delete both. Also ran TrendMicro's online scan and it came up clean.

Did a google search on these names and only came up with info on Secret Service. Can anyone tell me anything or point me in the right direction to a site that would have info on HKP.100?

Have tons of security on system which is run on a consistent basis as well as router; how did these get on my pc? Is there something else I'm missing, that I should be doing? And other than running more trojan scans, how can I be sure these two I found haven't sent my personal information to some doofus in Timbuktu?

Thanks for help.

Nikki

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

nikheff

Unless you installed something recently and your security missed it, I don't know how that got on your computer.

Do you think Trojan Hunter might have more info on HKP.100? I have found nothing.

If your firewall hasn't been alerting on unknown destinations, your info is probably safe.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  3. nikheff

Ronjor:

The only thing I've installed recently is Trojan Hunter. They have a forum also and I'll post there and see if anybody knows anything. I searched google too looking for more on HKP and I'm betting it's under some other name(s) like the SecretService one, which is a backdoor and has several a/k/a's.

ZAPro does not show any alerts or log entries on unknown destinations so I'm hoping you're right my personal info has been okay. Just when I think I'm locked down and safe.......(think "Jaws" theme here)

Geez Louise, I'd like to stick a hot poker where the sun don't shine on all these jerks who have nothing better to do with their lives except mess with other people's pc's.

Thanks for help.

Nikki

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

nikheff

Let us know what you find.

5. nikheff

Will do.

Nikki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.