HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. markloman

markloman Developer

Sharp observation! Keystroke Encryption is indeed under System Security but is currently only applied to web browsers since we're still working on the technology.

2. erikloman

erikloman Developer

If you assign the app to the 'Browser' template, its keystrokes will be encrypted.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

4. Any explanation on the test method, not really great PR when HMP3 is outperformed by EMET 4.1

Link http://pcsl.r.worldssl.net/report/exploit/rce_mitigations_201408_en_malwarebytes.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  5. markloman

markloman Developer

Yes, with disbelief we took notion of this comparative test. I will not go into details but we filed a complaint and insist on removal of our beta software from their report. Because even though this report states that they downloaded the software from the official website, our software is not even released or on our website. That is because our software is still in development, attesting the preview builds that we only post here, which only include functionality that we would like to have tested. Our software clearly states Preview and the release notes state that it is not for production environments.
    In addition, the test was not done carefully. For example, the tester did not add the standalone QuickTime player to Alert's Exploit Mitigations while testing CVE-2012-0663.
    Since we did not ask PCSL to include our experimental software nor gave them permission to put it up against production software, we can only belief that their client insisted on including it for no other reason than slander.

6. markloman

markloman Developer

According to PCSL's Exploit Mitigations Test report, HitmanPro.Alert 3 CTP2 did not stop many exploits. We tested some of the exploits that we apparently 'failed' and made a video. In this video you will see CVE-2012-0663 QuickTime, CVE-2012-4792 IE8, CVE-2013-3163 IE8 and 2 x CVE-2013-1488 Java7.

PCSL's report does not give details on the used configuration, if it was a virtual environment or what kind of payloads were setup in Metasploit. So in the video you will see that the Metasploit exploit either tries to start the Windows Calculator or, in case of Java, initiate a Meterpreter Shell. The first 3 exploit attempts are blocked on the exploit technique and both Java tests are blocked on 'sandbox escape'.

Enjoy the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4re2p-Yf8dQ&feature=youtu.be

7. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Hi
    Markloman,Erikloman,
    it is possible to perform a future test to other laboratories (AV-C..........)?
    TH.

8. So when I understand it correctly, this adds 8 to the protected score, but still behind EMET4 protection wise. Even with this corrected score, this is no good PR since the report is still downloadable and available for download. I disinstalled MBAE-free :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  9. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

CTP2 and latest beta Sandboxie 4.13.2: doesn't work (Vista 32 bits).

10. markloman

markloman Developer

o_O Who has time to watch a movie of over an hour? I just picked a few to show that the report is bogus, not to gain points. We insisted to be removed from the report and I expect that this will happen soon.

11. Rasheed187

Yes, it would be interesting to know why the other exploits were missed, pure from a technical point of view. :)

12. True, I sort of opted out the MBAE-HMPA controversy and choose for EMET 5 :)

13. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Report now states Malwarebytes ordered this test in red text. Makes you wonder of what intentions the report really had... other than just bad mouth other products. Especially when Malwarebytes wanted a technical preview of HMP.A included.

14. erikloman

erikloman Developer

I guess this is what happens. Malwarebytes pays for a tests and insists to include our preview product before it is out the garage. We complain. The end user walks away. Well played.

15. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

... Anyway. Erik, is there any news on CTP-3?

Thanks. ;)

16. erikloman

erikloman Developer

After Malwarebytes insisted (and paid for) our development builds to be tested against production software, by a test organisation (!), we are reevaluating our stand on publishing development builds. Hope you understand.

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Oh, OK. I'm sorry to hear that but yes I can certainly understand.

I am still keen and willing to test new versions for you should you need testers. Feel free to PM me - any time.

Cheers!

18. siketa

siketa Registered Member

They should better iron out existing bugs and glitches in their own software.

19. test

test Registered Member

:(

Keep up the good work!

20. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, that's understandable. I would be happy to be part of a closed beta with an NDA.

21. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yeah, me too.

22. Rasheed187

Well, EMET is not really geared toward "non expert" users, and I don´t even like it, so I will stick with MBAE and HMPA. I think that HMPA can still be successful if marketed in the right way, and if it performs well in the forthcoming tests. :)

23. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Uh, the end user in that case walked away from MBAE, not Hitman. You conveniently left that part off...

It is sort of entertaining... but I don't understand from the Hitman perspective why you would want to push this little soap opera forward...??

24. BBss

BBss Registered Member

Sorry, my trial expired allready, can't test the anti-exploit at the moment. You could try VPN to get german IP, don't know which other countries are supported from that site at the moment.

25. guest

guest Guest

What about this? shouldn't be removed as well until HPA gets to the final version?

http://dl.surfright.nl/Alert-3/HitmanPro-Alert-3-Datasheet.pdf
    Could you please share the test and details of EMET, HPA, and MBAE against all these exploit techniques described in the PDF?
    Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.