HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. focus

focus Registered Member

KeyScrambler Premium protects almost all applications, not just browsers. I've never seen it conflict with other applications and it is a nice layer (IMO) to my security set up.

2. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Alert simply disables its encryption when it detects a potential conflict.

3. Abdallah

Abdallah Registered Member

The problem is not that Alert showing encryption of keys or not ( although I see Alert encryption notification sometimes! ) ;

My problem in webpage loading that show me an error sometimes and when I reload the webpage it loads well.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Try disabling protection for the browser and see if that effects the webpage loading problem.

5. focus

focus Registered Member

Ok, Thanks.

6. busy

busy Registered Member

I'm not able to reorder tabs in Chrome (43) by click-dragging when colored window borders are enabled.

Colored window borders (Enabled):
    Click dragging moves tabs to new window instead of reordering them.

7. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Chrome 43 nicely acknowledged by HMP.A
    Encrypting remains okay.
    (Firefox encrypting remains stubborn)

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  8. jd97

jd97 Registered Member

Is anyone using an AMD x64 processor on Windows 7 64-bit? I am using An AMD Turion II P540 Sual Core 2.40 GHz and HMP.Alert crashes IE 11, VMWare 11.1 and several other system based apps. My understanding is that HMP.Alert seems to function best on Intel processors (later models w/built in security advancements) (this is only based on their fact sheet on their website - it protects from highly advanced ROP attacks on Intel only).

HMP.A also injects a .dll into the browsers. (this provides the protection)

9. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Didn't bother with reordering tabs until now, but I think you're right. While attempting to drag the tabs a new window opens.

You can still reorder the tabs but you have to ignore the window that opens every time.

10. busy

busy Registered Member

Chrome 43.0.2357.65 (64-bit)
    COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4508 (guard64.dll)
    HMPA keystroke encryption enabled
    Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

Result:
    No encryption done, as shown with the testtool.

Can aynone confirm?

11. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I have encrypting in Chrome 43 w confirm by Test Tool....but, no encrypting in Firefox 38.

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I just installed Vivaldi browser version TP3 a little while ago...It was picked up by HMPA at the install...I was concerned about CPU usage, but it settled down, thankfully.

ScreenShot_Vivaldi_TP3_install_14.gif ScreenShot_Vivaldi_TP3_install_15.gif ScreenShot_Vivaldi_TP3_install_16.gif

13. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Hi jd97,

I have Intel P6200 (Arrendale) with Windows 7 x64, which benefits of HMPA's hardware assisted exploit protection, and I have Intel E8600 (Wolfdale) with Windows Vista x86, which doesn't get HMPA's hardware assisted exploit protection. I have no experience with regards to AMD x64 with Windows 7 x64.

Where you say, "My understanding is that HMP.Alert seems to function best on Intel processors (later models w/built in security advancements)", yes, that it true for HMPA's hardware assisted exploit protection, but nevertheless HMPA's non hardware assisted exploit protection and all other protections are available for other processors. And I see no reason why there should be IE11 crash with those other processors that don't benefit of HMPA's hardware assisted exploit protection. I suppose there may be another cause of your IE11 crash, but I can't say anything for sure.

I hope someone else can tell you about their experiences with AMD x64 and Windows x64.

14. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

Hmpalert build 187 high cpu and memory-usage (W7 64 bits/Norton Security).

Erik, sent you the zipped dmp via wetransfer.com.

Attached Files:

15. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

@erikloman
    hmpalert 187 App Error EventID 1000 EventType=BEX
    Report.wer text sent 'WeTransfer'

16. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Again ROP alerts galore on Youtube with Firefox 38.0.1 and Webroot SecureAnywhere's Identity Shield(security software: WSA 8.0.8.88, HMP.Alert 3 build 187 and MBAM Pro 2.1.6)
    Not sure if it started with the FF 38.0.1 update or earlier.

17. Gapliin

Gapliin Registered Member

Adobe Lightroom 6.0.1 just crashed (on Windows 8.1 x64). I was doing nothing special atm just playing with some sliders in the developer module. Also I got no alert by Hitman.Pro during the crash.

Here the details from the eventlog (in german):
    Code:
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: lightroom.exe, Version: 6.0.1.10, Zeitstempel: 0x553af4c6
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: hmpalert.dll, Version: 3.0.41.187, Zeitstempel: 0x554292c9
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd
    Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000ae7f
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xfd4
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d094941c853b28
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\hmpalert.dll

18. jd97

jd97 Registered Member

Does anyone else find that their text is randomly scrambled when them type (particularly in Firefox both version 38.0.1 (w/ encryption enabled) and the nightly build v41 (5-12-15). The letters are not close to what I typed, particularly iat Google.com in the search box. I double checked. I just found it odd. I am using a wireless Bluetooth (I think) based Keyboard and mouse (Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 Model # 1394

Mark and/or Eric. Do you need the bucket ID, report ID or whatever from the WER reports from our PM conversation? I never heard back from you guys - I know you are busy. I could try to copy the actual report file if you will tell me how to do it and send you an attachment or link via PM.

Thank You.

19. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Anyone remember...
    I'm trying to find message where erik comments on running HitmanPro.Alert in Admin user vs Standard user. As I recall comment re malware in Standard user has the advantage. So, run HitmanPro.Alert from Admin.
    Anyone remember....or am I mixed up...with HitmanPro.
    EDIT: Found what I was looking for <here>

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  20. metmichallica

metmichallica Registered Member

I use Zemana Antilogger Free. I use to use Keyscrambler free, but I had a few keystroke problems.

21. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Let's keep on topic here please..

HitmanPro.Alert Support

22. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Well, here's an unexpected find.
    Firefox encrypting has returned after a reboot. :confused:
    Test Tool confirm.

Update: next reboot = no FF encrypting :(

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  23. gaslad

gaslad Registered Member

After 2 years of using HMPA 2 with no problems, I thought I would give version 3.x a try. I uninstalled 2, rebooted, installed 3.0.41.187, and restarted.

All went well until I tried to open Firefox, whereupon an alert popped up to say FF was terminated to prevent execution of malicious code, and that I should scan my computer for malware. So I scanned with MBAM Premium, with my Panda Free AV, with an on-demand scan from Emsisoft, and with an on-demand scan from HitmanPro. None detected anything, which I expected (this PC has never been infected with malware). Still could not open FF, with the same alert showing. Before installing HMPA 3, I made sure all my MS and 3rd party patches were up-to-date using Secunia's PSI.

So through trial and error, I determined that it was an option in the "Exploit mitigation-Firefox" module- the "Enforce DEP" option, under "Memory Mitigations" to be exact. When I unchecked this, Firefox opened as usual.

I find it hard to believe that HMPA 3 has detected true malicious code that none of my other scanners find, and welcome any comments.

Edit: Forgot to add that IE 11 and the latest version of Opera browsers opened without problem. I'm using Win 7/sp1 Home Premium.

24. Victek

Victek Registered Member

What (if any) other security software do you have installed? Also have you tried rebooting again and re-enabling the "Enforce DEP" mitigation to see if it recurs?

25. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.