HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thank you! It may be helpful to add that I can reproduce the crash on another computer running Windows 7 x86, Outlook 2003, gSyncit and HMPA 184. In that instance disabling Load Library also solves the problem.

gSyncit can be found here:

http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit4/download.shtml

I use the 32 bit version of gSyncit.

2. XIII

XIII Registered Member

On a desktop PC from a family member Flash 17.0.0.169 crashes in Firefox 37.0.2 when viewing YouTube videos, unless I disable the Load Library protection in build 184. No such problem on the laptop with the same HMPA build.

3. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Just out of technical curiosity:

On my W7-x64 laptop and desktop Firefox 37.0.2 is using the html5 player for Youtube video's, without any problems.
    Flash player 17.0.0.169 plugin is set 'Ask to activate' in FF.
    How did you 'force' Firefox 37.0.2 to use Flash Player 17.0.0.169 in stead of the default html5 player for Youtube video's?

EDIT: Thanks to user deugniet, the installation default for FF 37.0.2 seems to be Flash Player, but can be changed to html5 (which I think is the better choice)
    https://www.youtube.com/html5

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

Maybe https://www.youtube.com/html5

5. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Thank you deugniet.
    This implies that the 'installation default' for FF 37.0.2 is using Flash Player plugin.
    However I can not remember changing the default to html5 player.

6. deugniet

7. Tomin2009

Tomin2009 Registered Member

HitmanPro.Alert 3.0.38 Build 184 don't detect my broswer"http://ie.sogou.com/"; Please confirm this problem!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I guess you're right, but I don't see how ERP or WFC can cause this problem. When MBAE was not even installed a couple of months ago, I also had the same problems, so it doesn't look too good.

I'm running Win 8, not Vista. And BTW, is there any news from the RSA conference, do you have any pics to share?

9. erikloman

erikloman Developer

This program does not register itself as a browser in Windows.
    In addition, it does not have a Windows Title so it is not listed in the Running Applications panel.

As a workaround, create the following registry key (replace John with your name). Then choose in Alert for Reset Settings.

SogouExplorer.png
    Reset.png

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  10. Gapliin

Gapliin Registered Member

Regarding your "YouTube on Firefox" talk (I know it's off-topic, sry): First read this.

Also:

11. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Thank you Gapliin, Interesting!

12. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Also no problem on my own desktop PC, with identical hardware (but with much more security software running).

13. simmersK00L

simmersK00L Registered Member

reply with update, unfortunately, the next day, 13apr, I had a BSOD, culprit appeared to be some interaction with hmpa, so I uninstalled hmpa, and xp is back to its normal rock solid stable state. I'll try hmpa again. Seems like a great app.

14. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Is there a dump in C:\Windows\Minidump ?

15. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

FWIW ~ on my Vista box I Disable Firefox Mitigations to run SBIE. Otherwise FF won't open.

16. deugniet

No problems Sandboxie beta 4.17.3 and build 184 (W7 64 bits).

17. Tomin2009

Tomin2009 Registered Member

Thanks

18. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

No problem Sandboxie beta 4.17.3 and build 184 (W8.1 64 bits).

19. jd97

jd97 Registered Member

Feature Request: View logs from Number of Alerts.
    Problem: Vendor needs web address that triggered the alert in order to make a P.O.C and come up with a patch. This was weeks ago, so I cannot remember where it came from.
    Context: HMP.Alert blocked an exploit and shut down the browser. I am trying to report the incident to the vendor which I cannot name nor give details of the detection.
    Potential Benefits: Report malicious sites, avoid the site in general, help with more thorough detection and improve the safety of others as well.

Can HitmanPro.Alert log the URL or source of what triggered the detection and include it in the log file? Can we view the logs through the GUI?

How can I copy/paste or insert an Image in this post? Do I need to use a URL to dropbox/imgur/etc?

20. markloman

markloman Developer

We had the log viewer planned (behind the Number of Alerts item) for the 3.0 GA release but we had to leave it out due to a deadline. It will certainly be available soon but I cannot give any date. In the meantime you can use the Windows Event Viewer to lookup alerts in the Windows Event Log. Alerts generated by HitmanPro.Alert will have the Event ID 911.

21. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I have a license for HMP.A. Is it possible to use HitmanPro shell integrations for files and folders, so that individual files and/or folders can be scanned for malware?

22. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

You can't do that with HitmanPro.Alert, but you can download and install HitmanPro, that uses the same license as HitmanPro.Alert.
    In HitmanPro Settings, tab Scan, you can enable Shell Integration (Show 'Scan with HitmanPro' for files and folders in Windows Explorer).

23. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. The tickbox for shell integration is greyed out.

Attached Files:

24. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Has to be activated for option to show...use your HMP.A key. Same Key satisfies both.

25. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Thanks for your reply, bjm_. I am using my HMP.A key, and it's still valid as shown in HMP.A and HitmanPro, but it just doesn't work, it's still geyed out. Hm...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.