HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. erikloman

erikloman Developer

No. Do not install Alert and EMET 5.2 together. Run Alert with EMET 5.1 or older.

2. erikloman

erikloman Developer

No. A reboot will always be necessary due to the hardware-assistance on exploit mitigation.

3. Man van het noorden

Man van het noorden Registered Member

After getting the update notification, I did a reboot and this brought me from build 182 to 183 without any problems. What surprised me was that after the update the "Show live Keystroke Encryption in colored window border" option is enabled again while this wasn't the case before the update! Is this intended behavior? I see in the changelog that one of the things that has changed since build 181 is "Changed default Live Keystroke Encryption in Colored window border to Off." I get the impression that this update (like the one before) changes this setting (also) from disabled to enabled.

The consequence of this all is that the issue I described in #5256 is back again after a second reboot. Had to manually disable the "Show live Keystroke Encryption in colored window border" option again to fix this.

Am I the only one seeing this happen and experiencing this issue?

4. test

test Registered Member

No problem to report so far :thumb: [8.1 x64]

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Firefox 37.01 and SBIE beta 4.17.2 are working great with HMPA 183 here on two machines. Win 7x64

6. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

Same here, no problems.

7. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations,

Working like a champion!

Moose's World

8. BBss

BBss Registered Member

Worte a small script with AutoIt, you can use this to temporarily stop HMP Alert from injecting its .dll files to new processes. All it does is rename the .dll files of Hitman Pro Alert in the System folder, this is the only workaround for the moment, the other thing you can do is uninstall HMP Alert... Disabling all protections doesn't fix this eighter, as HMP Alert keeps injecting its .dll files to new procceses.

If you run the script, you will get a message that HMP.Alert is disabled, run again and you should see enabled message.

Don't forget to enable after you close GTA 5 or HMP Alert will be useless.

Download
    http://uploaded.net/file/acqjxdxb

I hope there will be a fix soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
  9. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Hi all,
    Odd thing. I had HMP.A Taskbar Icon. I hid the HMP.A Taskbar Icon....just to see. Um, how do I get the Taskbar Icon back.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  10. Magoo34

Magoo34 Registered Member

I believe you have to reboot.

11. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Yeah, expected to see upon restart. No see. ?

12. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

If you mean the tray icon in the notification area near the clock, mine took a few minutes to re-appear after a restart too.

13. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Yeah, near the clock....okay, it's back...bizarre

14. rhabdomantist

rhabdomantist Registered Member

Update fly-out notification only appears to work if Safety notification is set for At application start as experienced on two XP machines. On Win 7 I had Safety notification set to Once per logon session and using right click on taskbar icon Check for updates I then found update notification appeared at top right of main gui. Noticed right click on icon now had Check for updates replaced by Restart to install update (or similar wording) but it was not active. ie. I had to manually restart. Was the Restart to install update selection supposed to work on v. 181? Is this now available with v. 183?

15. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Build 181 on XP SP3; received update notice in upper right screen stating a update was available and would be installed upon reboot. Upon reboot all startup programs loaded but I saw nothing of HMP.A3. Checked the task manager, no process there either. So I came this thread to the link to download and manually install build 183. Rebooted, startup programs loaded. Not a peep from HMP.A3 just like before. Although I really like this app I uninstalled it and returned to MBAE.

Edit: 4/18 6:17pm. Damn if I didn't run into a similar issue w/MBAE. When the system is started MBAE tries to load, then an error msg comes on screen 'unable to start' before it shuts down. Re-installed HMP.A build 183 which now functions normally.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  16. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i have "HMPA 3.0.36 build 181" installed and i am not getting any prompts about an update (build 183), and i see no way to check for updates manually..

17. erikloman

erikloman Developer

You can right-click on the tray icon to see if there is an update.

18. Scotlarock2013

Scotlarock2013 Registered Member

Hi thanks to the script now I can desactivates hitman alert and play gta 5 and restart hitman pro thanks very well

19. fax

fax Registered Member

I am testing HMPROAlert... Rather impressive piece of software but it does not allow my password manager to work correctly and I am afraid is not a solution I can keep. Lastpass plug-in (testing it within IE11 and WIN8 ) is jammed by HMPROAlert keylogger protection and makes it basically unusable. In practice, any input (typing in any information) is scrambled by HMPROAlert. Is there any possibility to avoid this aside from disabling the keystroke encryption?? Thanks, Fax

20. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Which version of HitmanPro.alert3 you are testing?

21. focus

focus Registered Member

I did not know of this restriction and have installed HMPA on my system with EMET 5.2. Everything seems to be working fine for the past week or so, is there some hidden conflict I am not seeing?

22. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Build 181 informs me that an update will be installed after a restart.

Also after that restart, as the update never happens. HPMA stays at build 183 (instead of 183).

23. Victek

Victek Registered Member

For me no problem using LastPass on IE11 + Windows 7 x64 with latest version of HMPA (build 183). Are you using the latest build and what other security software do you run resident?

24. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

@erikloman,
    Here's something odd -
    I was the one that first reported the apostrophe and quote character encryption issue, earlier this week.
    However, I use G Data Internet Security, that has its own keylogger protection. So, according to what you said, "If you use another security product with keystroke encryption then Alert will not enable its own", HMPA3's keystroke encryption would not be enabled if G Data Internet Security with keylogger protection is used.
    Nevertheless, I had the HMPA3 apostrophe and quote character encryption issue.
    How is that possible?
    Did the issue also occur when HMPA3's keystroke encryption was not enabled?
    Of was HMPA3's keystroke encryption enabled even when G Data Internet Security with keylogger protection is used?

25. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Did you check to see if HMPA actually turned off its own keystroke encryption?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.