HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

The problem with that request is that all of a sudden everyone will be retired. :D

2. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

OK, I've just fixed it ! Thank you !

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Done.

4. feerf56

feerf56 Registered Member

I would like to move the information window and/or reduce the duration, at the bottom right corner when I typing an message in the Skype disturbing, because hide it, at the upper right corner of the Firefox tab also (tab close (x) hide).

5. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

No problems with (un)sandboxed Firefox 36.0 (W7 64 bits).

6. erikloman

erikloman Developer

You can configure the Colored Window Border by clicking in the bottom of the GUI on Safety notification > Colored Window Border:

SafetyNotification.png

7. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

HMPA 155 RC was working good but i guess i will wait for HMPA 3 to get to Stable before i buy i licence. My Trial is over so i can't use it anymore.

8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Same.. While I understand the need for businesses to have residual incomes, it makes sense to offer lifetime licenses in some cases, especially for Wilders! ;-)

9. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

You're welcome. Happy that I could help.

10. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I would be nice indeed, but I also understand the need to make money. On the other hand, just look at Sandboxie who have reconsidered and is now offering lifetime licences again.

11. Rasheed187

@ erikloman

Have you taken a look at this: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...iscussion-thread.324841/page-167#post-2461867

It would be nice if HMPA notified you when the service or driver is not running, via the tray-icon. And I wonder why IE 11 triggers a ROP protection alert, when running sandboxed. Perhaps this may be the key to solving any compatibility problems between HMPA and SBIE. I'm running Win 8.1 64 bit, as Admin with UAC turned off.

12. Rasheed187

Zemana seems to cover a bit more when it comes to "safe browsing", so perhaps an idea for SurfRight to add these options to HMPA. On the other hand, I don't know if Zemana can detect an already infected browser, this is something that HMPA can do. But Zemana claims to be able to stop the infection, while HMPA only detects.

13. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Wait.. WHAT?!?!?

<fanatically clicks for sandboxie link>

14. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

So far, I am super impressed with HMPA 3x!!!

Running solid here, now to test it under different circumstances. Actually, color me VERY impressed at this point. :thumb::thumb:

15. siketa

siketa Registered Member

You didn't know?

16. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I haven't touched that product for some time.. I used KACE Browser quite some time ago, which is basically DELL's rebranding of Firefox with Sandboxie seamlessly built in. But didn't use it much after it went paid, and didn't check into it.

17. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Zemana does not block exploits, does not block crypto-ransomware, no vaccination, etc. Totally different program.

18. Rasheed187

I don't mean this in a harsh way, but I clearly referred to the "safe browsing" features, Zemana monitors more things, and claims to be able to block SSL-loggers in real-time. But HMPA can detect browser manipulation, which is also cool because what if a tool like Zemana or SpyShelter gets bypassed? Then you still need a detection tool like HMPA. And I hope you will take a look at the issues that I mentioned in this post: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...iscussion-thread.324841/page-169#post-2463117

19. Rasheed187

That wasn't SBIE but Invincea FreeSpace. Are you on Win 8.1? If so, please let me know if SBIE works correctly with HMPA, I get a ROP alert when running IE 11 inside the sandbox, and I also get other random error messages from SBIE.

20. feerf56

feerf56 Registered Member

Skype caller's voice does not work. I reset option the HitmanPro Alert 3.0.30 Build 155 RC but the caller's voice does not work. Uninstall HitmanPro Alert 3.0.30 Build 155 RC. Skype has been good. Reinstall the HitmanPro Alert 3.0.30 Build 155 RC, Skype is good, but the next day (today) again bad. Just repeat the uninstall helped. Skype caller's voice I hear again. I reinstall HitmanPro Alert 3.0.30 Build 155 RC and restart windows 7 64bit and good Skype, I hear caller's voice. What is matter? That is the question!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  21. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Another question or two about HitmanPro.Alert:

I downloaded build 143 to my Vista system on February 5, then copied that file via network to my Windows 10 Technical Preview system. I installed it on the Win10 TP and it's working great, even seems to have automatically updated itself to build 155.

After that initial success, I installed it on the Vista system as that is my main work machine. However, on that machine it tells me that the trial has expired (even though it's the same file that originally went onto the TP system). :doubt:

I'm now on build 155 on the Vista system too. Not only does it say that the trial period is expired, but unlike on Win10 it's only protecting Internet Explorer (whereas on 10 it's protecting whatever browser I open there).

Maybe these are all expected and intended behaviors? If not, then they're something possibly to look into.

If I uninstall the trial HMPA from Windows 10, will the HMPA installation on Vista be treated as a (non-expired) trial? That's where ultimately I would be most interested in using it on a daily basis.

22. erikloman

erikloman Developer

HitmanPro.Alert and HitmanPro anti-malware both use the same license. You probably already used HitmanPro anti-malware in the past on your Vista machine. That's why the trial already has expired on you Vista machine.

What other browser are you using on that Vista machine? If you want I can remotely assist to see what's going on on that Vista machine. Just PM me if you need assistance.

23. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I was told on here that the later versions of HMPA don't work on XP/SP2 anymore. So i presumed that's why the flyout stopped appearing. Today i uninstalled Webroot WRSA whose licence ran out some time ago. After i rebooted & launched FF v3.6.14 to my surprise the flyout now appeared ! So it was Webroot WRSA that interfered with, & blocked the HitmanPro.Alert flyout.

However, the flyout doesn't appear on portable FF v27.01 ?

HitmanPro.Alert v2.6.5.77

24. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

You were right -- I did have an earlier installation of HitmanPro that I downloaded and used when I thought I might have gotten a real nasty on my PC.

As for the issue where only Internet Explorer was being recognized, here's what I came up with. (Background: I have Firefox and Pale Moon installed on the Vista system.) I opened the listing of applications under "Exploit mitigation," and found that I could open a list of the running applications. I happened to have FF and PM open at the time, so they were listed under applications that were running but not protected. Now by selecting Pale Moon, I was then offered the choice to protect it. A list of mitigation templates appeared, and naturally I chose the "Browsers" template. When I did that, HMP.A asked me to restart the browser; once I did that, it showed me a list of all the mitigations that now became active on Pale Moon -- seven code mitigations and five memory mitigations.

So it looks like the user can manually add a browser to the protected list, even if it doesn't get protected automatically. Problem solved.

What a fabulous program -- thank you!

25. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Norton 2015 has a super human dislike for HMPA..

It gives off massive hits in the logs, but if you 'exclude' HMP, it still gives off some alarms for tampering with Norton processes by HMP.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.