Hitman Pro Virus Engine Seems to be Inconsistent

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by andyaycw, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyaycw

andyaycw Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting and trying out a few different anti-malware programs lately and I've gotten some strange detection results with Hitman Pro 3.5.

I have ESET Smart Security 4 installed on my computer. I downloaded a program the other day and scanned it with both Malwarebytes and ESET Smart Security. Neither found any threats in the program folder (both were fully updated).

However, upon running Hitman Pro 3.5 immediately afterwards, it detected WGET.EXE in the folder as a trojan. Apparently, Hitman Pro uploaded the file to the scanning cloud and it was identified as a threat by ESET NOD32. Strange that Hitman Pro's ESET NOD32 cloud scanner found it as a threat, whereas my own locally installed copy of ESET Smart Security 4 found nothing.

Perhaps the Hitman Pro cloud scanner was using slightly outdated definitions that ultimately resulted in a false positive? That's all I can come up with, but I'd love to get the expert's opinions = )

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.