Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. iceman25

iceman25 Registered Member

whats is your youtube user name or videos title ?
    for the AV tests
  2. Chickenhawk1952

Chickenhawk1952 Registered Member

I am using (bought) Hitman Pro 3.7.9 on a windows 7 machine - all updates up-to-date - and even though I do not have it set to run at startup, it does run shortly after I boot to the desktop and it freezes my computer. I reboot and then it runs fine; doesn't find anything or traces that need to be removed.

Kind of annoying. I have disabled any auto scans whatsoever and even manually, it will freeze the computer on the first run. Reboot and it runs fine.

Any help?

Love the program, BTW, helped me out of a jam last week with some nasty bug that nothing else could find, but it did.

Thanks.
  3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I'm not sure if your question was ever answered, but I had the same issue on a pc I was servicing until I changed the screen text size back to 100%.

> control panel > appearance & personalization > display
  4. erikloman

erikloman Developer

You can try setting the disk access mode to Compatible under Settings > Advanced tab.
  5. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Thanks for the tip. This is indeed a problem and I've fixed it in the next build (code already tucked into source control) :thumb:
  6. Chickenhawk1952

Chickenhawk1952 Registered Member

That did it - thank you so much!
  7. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! While re-installing Bitdefender I.S. 2014 a weird message appeared...stating Intruder Alert...now this was using Firefox...so I uninstalled Firefox...and the same warning came up on Explorer...stating iexplore.exe796...and on Firefox 4680...then on the same screen it stated scan with Hitman Pro...HMP found nothing. The remainder of the screen alert stated... Critical browser functions have been compromised by a potentially malicious program. Do not enter any personal info on websites.On line banking is unsafe,until your computer has been scanned and cleaned. You are strongly advised to scan your computer for malicious software. Well,I scanned with Bitdefender...nothing...and as mentioned a full scan with HMP...Nothing. As a result I un-installed Bitdefender...kept HMP and HMP Alert and re-installed WSA Security Plus. Now is this a Bitdefender feature...almost reminds me of a Rogue Scareware message...and does HMP have an agreement with Bitdefender in the intialization of this message? Sincerely...Securon
  8. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Try build 2.6.2:
    http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert26.exe
  9. Securon

Good Afternoon! Many thanks for your prompt reply Erikloman...I re-installed the updated version. I'm still wondering, was the message I received from Bitdefender or Hitman Pro/Surfright? Sincerely...Securon
  10. BigCat4444

BigCat4444 Registered Member

I had the same problem
    Try turn off Active virus control in Bitdefender Panel
  11. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Active Virus Control is one of the corner stones of Bitdefender's detection capabilities. I would be hesitant to deactivate it. Why deploy a program, which had the highest blocked rate at the AV-Comparatives' heuristic / behavioral test, and then deactivate one of the functions which are responsible for that result.

Basically you are deactivating one program's ability to detect a manipulation of the browser process in order to make it possible for another program to manipulate the browser process in order to detect a manipulation of the browser process. Please correct if I'm wrong.
  12. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

The message came from HitmanPro.Alert. The versions before 2.6.2 are not compatible with the latest Bitdefender. That was the reason for the "false" intruder alert.
    So no need to turn off some parts of Bitdefenders protection. Just use the latest available build of HitmanPro.Alert.
  13. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

You're welcome. Thank you for all of your efforts. :thumb:
  14. Securon

Good Evening! Thanks Gandalf The Grey...for your pertinent info and reply...too a situation that had me momentarily worried...or as the British say Gobsmacked! I'll try re-installing Bitdefender...and see what transpires. Once again Many Thanks. Sincerely...Securon
  15. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi Erik

I have 1 File for you please check and whitelisted the File please

Properties
    Name opr08WQ9.tmp
    Location C:\Users\Alexander Robrecht\AppData\Local\Opera\Opera\cache\g_002F
    Size 1.5 MB
    Time 7.2 days ago (2014-03-01 12:03:5:cool:
    Needs Elevation Yes
    Entropy 8.0
    SHA-256 57866BBC36553BE220628F58531ED7369756E6EEF87BBFDAEC362FC5DF7F5BCB

Scoring (27.0)
    Program has no publisher information but prompts the user for permission elevation.
    Entropy (or randomness) indicates the program is encrypted, compressed or obfuscated. This is not typical for most programs.
    The file name extension of this program is not common.
    Authors name is missing in version info. This is not common to most programs.
    Version control is missing. This file is probably created by an individual. This is not typical for most programs.
    Time indicates that the file appeared recently on this computer.

SHA256: 57866bbc36553be220628f58531ed7369756e6eef87bbfdaec362fc5df7f5bcb
    Dateiname: opr08WQ9.tmp
    Erkennungsrate: 0 / 50
    Analyse-Datum: 2014-03-08 15:27:01 UTC ( vor 0 Minuten )
  16. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

I have a suggestion. Sometimes when I am running a scan and a file is uploaded to the cloud, it happens so fast that I do not have a chance to see it. It would be a nice addition to the logs for us to be able to view what files have been uploaded. I, for one, would like to see this addition to the logs as I like to know what has been uploaded.
  17. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

btw when is hitman pro going to add a 3rd av engine on the scanner
  18. Noob

Noob Registered Member

No one knows. You won't get an answer even if they have plans to do so. :D
    Wait and cross your fingers.
  19. erikloman

erikloman Developer

At the moment there are no plans to enable a third scanner in our cloud. HitmanPro's behavioral and forensic capabilities, combined with the top 2 engines from AV-Test/AV-Comparatives provide a good mix.

Hope this helps.
  20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good enough erik you and your brother are doing a fantastic job with hitmanpro and hitmanpro alert:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  21. Securon

Good Afternoon! Using HMP and HMP Alert 2...in Concert with WSA Security Plus...uninstalled Bitdefender...everything now Light...and Tight! Sincerely...Securon
  22. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

GOOD CHOICE SECURON YOU GOT THE BEST FROM THE WEST POUND PER POUND THE BEST IN DETENTION:thumb:
  23. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

erikloman is there a probably that
    Ikarus can return to hitman pro
  24. Adric

Adric Registered Member

You must like false positives :D
  25. erikloman

erikloman Developer

HitmanPro 3.7.9 Build 213 BETA

Changelog
    • ADDED: Detection for compromised Start Page en Search Engines in Google Chrome
    • ADDED: Initial support for HitmanPro.Alert 3 integration
    • IMPROVED: Detection malicious Firefox extensions
    • IMPROVED: Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) scanner
    • IMPROVED: Google Chrome now automatically closes gracefully when deleting cookies.
    • IMPROVED: Auto resizing display resolution when screen is smaller than 800x600
    • FIXED: Application termination during remnant scan
    • UPDATED: SQLite library used for processing Firefox and Google Chrome databases
    Download
    32-bit http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanProBeta.exe
    64-bit http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanProBeta_x64.exe

Please let me know how this version works on your system :thumb:
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014