Hitman Pro FP

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by subhrobhandari, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Well, just ran a scan and it found atapi.sys as a rootkit. Must be an FP, the md5 of the file is "cdfe4411a69c224bd1d11b2da92dac51". Anyone knows where to contact them for fixing the FP?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

there is a rootkit that does patch that file. i would run a scan with dr webcure it that seems to fix the issue well.

3. subhrobhandari

I agree, I did already scan with virustotal and Cureit, both came with OK. Also even Prevx and MBAM didnt come up with anything. And searching that MD5 in google revealed a lot old results, so I think the file is legit.

4. AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero Registered Member

I actually cleaned this same file with hitman pro off of someones computer not long ago after they complained that there computer was experiencing random shutdowns. It struck me that their machine might have had a rootkit after I attempted to visit several security websites only to be redirected to fraudulent websites. So if I were you I would try going to google and searching for several security vendors like AVG, Avira, Norton etc. Just to see if the computer is possibly infected or not. I would use sandboxie while doing it though just in case.

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Try running Kasperky's TDSS Killer and see if that detects anything. Tdl3 infects your HD port driver, in most cases this will be atapi.sys. The rootkit essentially lies to windows and shows a copy of the original atapi.sys, that way any check summing, uploading to VT etc will come up clean.

6. tipo

tipo Registered Member

apati.sys or atapi.syso_O`cause atapi.sys i heard about but apati.sys i didn`t...so in that case hitman pro is telling the truth and not just a FP
    :thumb: cheers

7. subhrobhandari

My bad for that typo, atapi.sys is the name.

I already did, that said its completely clean. I did scan complete hard drive with these: ESS, Prevx, A2M, MBAM, CureIt, Bluepoint, Hitman Pro and SAS. Only Hitman flags the file. All others provided the system completely clean. Interestingly, Hitman only detects it when a normal scan is done. But it doesnt detect the same file if I do a context menu scan. Then it says that file is clean.

I already use Prevx Safeonline, Zemana and Sandbox. Also I never got any sign of possible infection. In fact the last time I got infected was two years ago.

8. AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero Registered Member

9. subhrobhandari

Thanks, I reported the file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.