Hitman Pro finds "invisible" files on my pc

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gdiloren, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

Hi!!! First time. Hitman Pro has started finding invisible files behind so-called rootkits belonging to applications like Chrome 7.0.703 (one of the last developper versions, available as "malware" at filehippo.com). If it was not for the location (they are in my Document and settings folder in Appl. Data *but the real folder is not there, it's invisible) and the invisible tag, I would say it's another FP. It destroyed some files buit not all. What should I do?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

from my experience, hitman pro does this when ur running a system snapshot program as well, do u use anything like Comodo Time Machine, or Rollback Rx for example? those have been the culprit for these alerts when i used them.

if ur not running a program like that, maybe erik would be able to help you further.

3. gdiloren

ThanKs!!! You are right! I am using CTM. May be that's the reason of these invisible files but I don't really understand the mechanic of this, thanks!:eek:

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye u might as well post it there, but ur not gunna get a different answer really, its the way these snapshot programs function, those hidden files are files from ur snapshots being detected, and since Windows doesnt see them cuz there in a different snapshot, Hitman Pro detects them as hidden files.

this was a consistant issue i had wen i used to use snapshot programs.

6. gdiloren

Thanks! I have posted. Only problem with the snapshot theory is that Hitman Pro effectively deleted 7 of those invisible files belonging to the Chrome/Application/7.0.703 folder just after getting my one year license. Weird isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.