HIPS with Kernel Patch Protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rasheed187, Mar 21, 2014.

1. controler

controler Guest

I notice win 8.1 64 bit with appropriate CPU has an option to turn on Hyper- V . I know noting about it but it seems like VMware in that you need to still install another OS inside the Hyper-V?

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

3. controler

controler Guest

YA know at first I hated 8.1 64bit but as time grew on I began to like it more then any other OS MS has turned out. Thanks to the help Of Mark And of course EX_Poff. LOL I am now looking forward to 9.1. To beat hackers of the malicious kind you need to hire same of the best quality. Right?
    Clone Ranger ? you working for MS yet?

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Same here. I actually has been loving Win8.x, even Windows 8.0, for its enhanced functionality and security improvement. The only thing I hate is the Metro UI. But that never really bothers me as I only stay on desktop environment. I have been using Applocker to harden my system, and I think the build-in security is far more advanced than any other third party security products, if you know how to do the trick.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

BTW, Bromium has released another report, this time about attacking hypervisors, like McAfee DeepSAFE. It is very technical (I do not understand everything), but still interesting. On the other hand, I wonder how likely it is that malware writers will actually try to bypass these advanced security tools. I'm sure that Bromium is at least immune to all of these attack methods. :)

http://labs.bromium.com/2014/08/11/black-hat-usa-2014-talk-about-hypervisor-security/

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

7. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

controler

Hi, sorry i missed your post, but i was away for a while ! If i was clever enough, they "might" have asked me to, as they did some others, as we know. But as far as coding etc goes, it's not my forte !

Regards

8. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.