HIPS - PG alternative

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by abanerji, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abanerji

abanerji Registered Member

My system details are : Compaq P4 1.7 ghz, 512MB RAM, 40 GB x 2 HD, XP-pro SP2, AVG free 7.5, AVG anti-spyware 7.5, ZoneAlarm free 6.5.737, ProcessGuard free 3.405. I also use Ccleaner, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpywareBlaster, AVG anti-rootkit free.

Because of current status of ProcessGuard development team, I am looking for an alternative to it. From my reading on the net, I found the following three. I want the app to be free, to allow user-friendly configuration, and not to conflict with other protection programs (AV / anti-spyware / firewall). Which of the following fits the best?

a) Prosecurity 1.30 - would it be the easiest for migration from ProcessGuard environment ? But, why does McAfee SiteAdvisor mark their site (proactive-hips.com) red?

b ) SystemSafetyMonitor 2.0

c) Threatfire beta (cyberhawk) - is stable version available ?

Thanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

As to question a) that is a McAfee problem. The site is fine. Personally for me I would pick Prosecurity. I found SSM to be just a bit of a nuisance.

SInce you are looking for alternatives, you might also consider Online Armor. Has built in firewall, and would make another good program to consider. There are also a couple others mentioned in these threads.

Pete

3. abanerji

abanerji Registered Member

Thank you, Pete. My gut said it was a McAfee problem, but expert confirmation is always a great relief.

I read that Prosecurity has a lot of similarity with ProcessGuard, and that's a big plus for me, apart from the security aspect obviously.

Regards,
    Ananda

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello abanerji,

As noted in your closed thread from yesterday....there is a recent ongoing discussion concerning this same subject matter.
    We do ask that you join that thread discussion Please so that We do not have duplicate discussions.

Join this thread Please---> Alternative for process guard?

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.