HIPS log entries using XAMPP

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DaveBNUK, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveBNUK

DaveBNUK Registered Member

All the time XAMPP's control panel (Apache Web server package) is running on Win7 64bit, I am getting continuous entries in the ESS 5.0.95.0 HIPS log like this:

14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Protect ekrn and egui processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\csrss.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application

Should I be worried about these entries, and what is ESS trying to tell me?
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.