HIPS log entries using XAMPP

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DaveBNUK, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveBNUK

DaveBNUK Registered Member

All the time XAMPP's control panel (Apache Web server package) is running on Win7 64bit, I am getting continuous entries in the ESS 5.0.95.0 HIPS log like this:

14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Protect ekrn and egui processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\csrss.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application
    14/01/2012 00:13:23 D:\XAMPP\xampp\xampp-control.exe Get access to another application C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe some access blocked SelfDefense: Do not allow modification of system processes Terminate/suspend another application,Modify state of another application

Should I be worried about these entries, and what is ESS trying to tell me?
    Dave
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.