HIPS in V4?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by viruscraft, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breadseed

breadseed Guest

I agree, seems like Eset have contrived a "polititian's answer" to save their blushes.

2. ESS3

ESS3 Registered Member

http://www.esetnod32.ru/company/news.php?ELEMENT_ID=6597

:p ;)

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

4. rony474

rony474 Registered Member

did u get any problems (virus infections,malware) in that time u are using eset?..

5. elapsed

No, but I wouldn't even if I wasn't using a security package simply because of my browsing habits. Please don't change the subject.

6. Najem1992

Najem1992 Registered Member

next version of Eset v4.x
    must have HIPS !!
    like other security programs and
    when that happens ESS will absolutely be
    the best !!!:D

7. vizhip

vizhip Registered Member

Curious as to why everyone thinks that the ESET version of HIPS must mirror other software company's HIPS solutions...

Seems to me that ESET has found ways to implement better security for our computers using their own methodology, so maybe we should just consider that their version of HIPS might be something that others look at in the future as a way to be more protective of our computers but less intrusive and less resource intensive...

Sure, it means that we can't measure their version of HIPS as compared to other companies, but does that really matter if the product works and stops our computers from being infected o_O

Sorry, but I believe in thinking outside the box and providing new and unique solutions to issues that plague folks to resolve the issue rather than patch it... so I applaud changes in the way that security works in an effort to better protect our computers...

Regards -
    -Bob

8. Najem1992

Najem1992 Registered Member

Eset must have HIPS very soon
    in the next 4.x version :ninja:

9. elapsed

I'm not discrediting that, ESET's out-the-box intuitive security methods are one of the reasons I'm still with them, I leave that expertise to them and I'm confident of it in their hands.

But this thread wasn't started as a request for HIPS in ESET products, to me I don't really care if they add HIPS or not.

This thread was started because HIPS is being used as a selling point for v4.

10. vizhip

vizhip Registered Member

My mistake... sorry... ignore my post then...

Regards -
    -Bob

11. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

hips in the traditional sense is not in there, they sorta danced around that with well the way we setup the firewall plus heuristics create a hips solution, I sorta have to feel that this is correct but for people who think of hips differently they will be disappoited...

12. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

I have tried other software with HIPS and they slowed my PC down somwhow in someway.

If it's true ESS has HIPS they did a better job in keeping the product light but working?

13. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

probability next version number 5 :) news is good

14. ESS_Lover

ESS_Lover Registered Member

Yeah , I hope so ... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.