HIPS does not work.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by splansing, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splansing

splansing Registered Member

Windows XP sp3 (5.1.2600)
    ESET 5.0.2126.0
    Endpoint Antivirus

I am seeing on a lot of machines with these specs the warning, "Communication with the driver failed. HIPS does not work." Probably half of my clients have this message. I have roughly 400 clients to deal with.

The only feedback I've seen online about this suggests that I uninstall the software and then reinstall it. Since the uninstall requires a restart, that's quite a project for that many clients. And I have another 1,800 clients still to go. Am I going to have to install this twice to half of them as well? Obviously this is not realistic. Without something a little more enterprise-grade than re-installing, we'll have to dump ESET.

On an old thread somebody was asked for log files, which were provided, but no follow-up was posted, and I cannot find any suggestions for this online.

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

We get this message all the time BUT ONLY immediately after the installation (or upgrade of old version). When we reboot the clients, the message goes. Are you getting the message even after reboots?

Jim

3. splansing

splansing Registered Member

Looks that way. I rebooted a number of machines following the install last night. They all got rid of the "restart recommended" message, so but the HIPS alert remains. Do I have to manually clear that alert out on these machines and if it doesn't come back, all is well?

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

If you're referring to manually clearing the messages *from within ERAC* then yes. There's no more errors transmitted, but the "last error" still shows. e.g. a "no error" does not wipe out the "previous error" column.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.